A day after a videotape of Angus T. Jones trashing his TV show "Two and a Half Men" surfaced, the actor has stepped back from his incendiary comments, issuing an apology.
"I apologize if my remarks reflect me showing indifference to and disrespect of my colleagues and a lack of appreciation of the extraordinary opportunity of which I have been blessed," Jones wrote. "I never intended that."
Jones also said that he has "the highest regard and respect for all of the wonderful people on Two and Half Men with whom I have worked and over the past ten years who have become an extension of my family."
Read the full statement below.
I have been the subject of much discussion, speculation and commentary over the past 24 hours. While I cannot address everything that has been said or right every misstatement or misunderstanding, there is one thing I want to make clear.
Without qualification, I am grateful to and have the highest regard and respect for all of the wonderful people on Two and Half Men with whom I have worked and over the past ten years who have become an extension of my family.
Chuck Lorre, Peter Roth and many others at Warner Bros. and CBS are responsible for what has been one of the most significant experiences in my life to date. I thank them for the opportunity they have given and continue to give me and the help and guidance I have and expect to continue to receive from them.
I also want all of the crew and cast on our show to know how much I personally care for them and appreciate their support, guidance and love over the years. I grew up around them and know that the time they spent with me was in many instances more than with their own families. I learned life lessons from so many of them and will never forget how much positive impact they have had on my life.
I apologize if my remarks reflect me showing indifference to and disrespect of my colleagues and a lack of appreciation of the extraordinary opportunity of which I have been blessed. I never intended that.
In a videotaped testimony for religious website the Forerunner Chronicles that made headlines Monday, Jones pleaded with people to not watch the hit CBS sitcom, and called the show, which trades in racy humor, "filth."
“If you watch 'Two and a Half Men,' please stop watching 'Two and a Half Men,'" he says. "I’m on 'Two and a Half Men,' and I don’t want to be on it. Please stop watching it. Please stop filling your head with filth. Please.”
Jones will not appear in the final two episodes of "Two and a Half Men" this season before the holiday break, though he had not been scheduled to appear on them prior to Monday's news. (His character, Jake Harper, is currently in the military.)
Jones' public dismissal of the series brought to mind the meltdown last year of his former "Men" costar Charlie Sheen, who mercilessly attacked show co-creator Chuck Lorre before being fired from the show. Sheen spoke out on Jones' comments on Tuesday, opining that the episode proved that his former show is "cursed."