Most of the roasters poked fun of Franco’s sexuality, while Hader’s future after leaving “Saturday Night Live” was a hot topic of discussion.
TheWrap was on the scene for the taping of Comedy Central’s Roast of James Franco, which will air Monday, Sept. 2. But in the meantime, here’s a taste of some of the evening’s best jokes. We’ll see which ones make the final cut.
1. Seth on James Franco: “He once told me he worked for 36 hours straight, which I didn’t believe. The straight part, of course.
2. Seth to James Franco: “Look at me doing all the talking while you sit there doing nothing. I feel like I’m hosting the Oscars with you!”
10. Jeff Ross: “Jonah Hill was going to be in the last Transformers movie but they cut the role of the car that transformed into a giant asshole after it was nominated for an Oscar.”
11. Jonah Hill to Andy Samberg: “I have a question. When your new TV show, ‘Brooklyn Nine Nine,’ gets canceled after five episodes, are you going to do a different cell phone commercial or will they make Bill’s a two-hander?”
12. Jonah to Sarah Silverman: “You were one of my favorite comedians as a kid. I don’t get why people say she’s hot for a comic. She’s not hot for a comic, she’s hot for her age.”