‘Longmire’ Canceled by A&E

'Longmire' Canceled by A&E

Studio seeks new home for crime series starring Robert Taylor

“Longmire” is no more. At least for now.

A&E has canceled the crime drama, which starred Robert Taylor as Wyoming sheriff Walt Longmire.

The series ran for three seasons.

Also read: A&E ‘Longmire’ Crew Member Death Under Investigation

“We would like to thank the phenomenal cast, crew and producers of ‘Longmire,’ along with our partners at Warner Horizon, for their tireless work on three seasons of quality dramatic storytelling,” A&E said Thursday in a statement. “We are incredibly proud of what we have achieved together.”

The series had been a solid ratings performer but dipped in its latest season. The Season 3 premiere in June drew 3.86 million total viewers, compared to 4.31 million for the Season 2 premiere. The season finale in August also saw a season-to-season decline, drawing 3.68 million total viewers compared to the 4.42 million that tuned in for the previous season's ender.

Also read: Susan Rovner, Brett Paul Named Co-Presidents of Warner Horizon Scripted Television

While the show ended its run on A&E, “Longmire” — A&E's top scripted show in total viewers in the network's history — might live on. Warner Horizon Television, the studio behind the series, is seeking a new home for the show, an individual with knowledge of the situation told TheWrap on Thursday.