Full Stack Web Developer
TheWrap is looking for a full stack web developer to help grow its entertainment news site of 15 million unique visitors. Your role as our in-house full stack web developer will require working with every major team in the company – ad ops, creative, editorial and events.
TheWrap is a digital-first news organization covering the business of entertainment and media via digital, print and live events. It was founded by award-winning journalist Sharon Waxman in 2009, The Wrap News Inc. consists of the award-winning, industry-leading website with its high-profile news breaks, investigative stories and authoritative analysis; it also includes premium, glossy magazines with stunning original photography and editorial, distributed to entertainment industry professionals.
- Coding templates, widgets, functionality in PHP for our WordPress install
- Interfacing with 3rd party vendors such as Campaign Monitor, Stripe, Wallkit
- Managing security and email for the company via GSuite
- Fielding requests from different departments
- At least 4+ years of Software Engineering Experience
- Advanced knowledge of WordPress, PHP, HTML, CSS and JS
- Public speaking skills that will allow you to explain updates in meetings
- Willingness to manage multiple WordPress sites
- Comfortability working with deploying code via Git and SFTP
- Comfortability working with remote teams via Teamwork and Zoom
Advertising Sales Assistant
TheWrap is searching for a dynamic, highly organized and proactive individual to join our team as a Sales Assistant to the Advertising Department.
In this role, you will perform varied and confidential administrative work in a fast-paced environment, requiring a high degree of judgment and knowledge of the organization’s policies and practices.
Job responsibilities include:
· Creating daily competitor List
· Creating/Housing/Locating LOAs & Barters
· Editing/Housing/Locating one-sheets or decks needed for sales purposes
· Updating/Adding Newsletter Subscribers in Campaign Monitor and Mail chimp
· Access/ability to pull reporting from Mail Chimp and Campaign Monitor
· Helping Sales team send out blasts via Mail Chimp & Survey Monkey as needed
· Helping with events/dinners when needed (check-in, tracking attendees, set-up, hosting)
· Keeping Ad Tracker and White Board updated for Print and Events
· Housing/Locating Signed IOs
· Coordinating with Sales and Production in collecting ads from clients and keeping deadlines
· Reviewing ad placements with Sales and Production for final map of magazine
· Keeping track of checking copies and creating mailing/delivery lists for sales team
· Coordinating and carrying out mailings & deliveries
· Sending Mailing lists to Southwest Offset Printing
· Updating Mailing Lists (Oscars, Emmys, VES, BAFTA, and NATAS)
· Keeping Postage Meter balance full
· Archiving all magazines and making sure we have enough on hand for events and barters
· Assembling media kits for sales purposes
· Research for new client outreach for sales purposes (College/Cannes/etc.)
The candidate must be a self-starter with sound judgment and proven performance in high-level administrative positions. The candidate must have a strong attention to detail, exhibit poise and discretion. Candidate will be handling sensitive and confidential matters, and must have excellent written and verbal communication with customers.
Must be detail-oriented, organized and a team player. The AAE has solid writing skills, is a strong communicator and has a passion for advertising and the entertainment industry. He or she is enthusiastic and willing to learn all aspects of the advertising business
College degree preferred
Project organizational skills
Oral & written communication skills
Customer service attitude
Basic Math Skills
Organized and efficient
Strong Time Management
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
TheWrap offers competitive salaries, professional growth opportunities, and benefits. This position reports to the VP of Sales. Qualified candidates should submit resume for immediate consideration. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. TheWrap is an equal opportunity employer that encourages and values diversity.
The Wrap News Inc., founded by award-winning journalist Sharon Waxman in 2009, is the leading digital news organization covering the business of entertainment and media. TheWrap was nominated as the Best Entertainment website in 2012 and named the best online news site in both 2012 and 2009 at the National Entertainment Journalism Awards by the Los Angeles Press Club. It has won many other awards for investigative reporting, columns, criticism and feature writing. TheWrap was named one of the “100 Most Important Online Publishers” in 2010 by OMMA, the magazine of online media, marketing and advertising.
Visit us at https://www.thewrap.com/. Please submit résumés to email@example.com
Director, Event Sales
TheWrap is seeking an ambitious, full-time SALES person to join the events department as a Director of Event Sales located in West Los Angeles. The candidate will have strong relationships and a passion for helping clients achieve their goals through our industry-leading events – a series of high-profile gatherings of thought leaders including the Power Women Series, Oscar Season Screening Series, activations at Film Festivals and TheGrill, an executive leadership conference centered on the convergence of entertainment, media and technology.He or she should have excellent communication skills, a client-focused mentality, a strong work ethic, and ability to balance multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for a STRONG closer.
The Director of Event Sales will be responsible for selling meaningful sponsorships and activations across TheWrap’s extensive events calendar, known for their high-quality attendees, sought-after content and excellent execution. He or she will work closely with industry partners, helping clients identify thought leaders for live events and leveraging those interactions across TheWrap’s media channels.
- 3-5 years sales experience
- Event experience
- Existing contacts
- Strong strategic and consultative selling skills
- Entertainment/trade publishing experience (print and digital)
- Strong knowledge of current industry practices
- Data research and insight experience
- Campaign execution and management experience
- Experience generating and submitting RFPs and RFIs
- Team oriented with strong communication skills
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
- Build and maintain relationships by cultivating positive working relationships with clients and agencies, aligning client sales strategies with strategic marketing positions, and successfully partnering with clients to meet their sales and marketing objectives.
- Develop new business opportunities with existing and new accounts.
- Achieve sales, revenue, market share and profit goals.
- Develop and implement sales strategies, activities, and negotiations to maximize events/experiential revenue.
- Close sales by prospecting and developing relationships, analyzing needs and opportunities, developing effective proposals, negotiating terms, documenting activity and thoroughly following up on issues pertaining to the sale and delivery of services to customers in a timely manner.
If interested in applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualified candidates should submit resume for immediate consideration. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. TheWrap is an equal opportunity employer that encourages and values diversity.
Intern, Marketing & Events
TheWrap News is looking for events and marketing interns looking to gain entertainment experience to assist in planning entertainment industry live events and screenings.
This internship is an excellent opportunity for a bright college student to dip their feet into entertainment and interact with important industry contacts. Working for the events team provides opportunities to work both in and outside of the office while providing support for our high-profile events calendar. As a team-oriented environment, you will have the ability to work with all members of the events and marketing team to get a strong understanding for which part of events you enjoy the most and grow a well-rounded skill set.
Internship Learning Outcomes:
- Develop a proficiency in interoffice communication including extensive knowledge of Google Drive
- Build strong outreach skills to assist in executing marketing initiatives
- Recognize all steps associated with running events and screenings from planning to completion
- Understand business marketing tactics including awareness building, communication etiquette, and data analysis
- Learn best practices for sourcing contacts involved in event activation including venues, catering, and hospitality
Description of Tasks:
- Outreach to agencies, production companies, and entertainment groups to contribute to the team’s sales and event marketing efforts
- Assist in marketing execution including utilizing Facebook Ad Manager, Google Adwords, and Google Analytics
- Will learn and use Mailchimp for newsletter development
- Utilize TheWrap’s entertainment community contacts to source partnership opportunities, venues, and activations
- Interact with industry and PR execs to communicate event logistics for talent
- Contribute to team organization through communication documents
- Work onsite at our award-nominated screenings and events including TheGrill and PowerWomen Breakfast Series
How to Apply:
Please email email@example.com with resumes and cover letters.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Fall Editorial Interns
Leading Hollywood industry news website TheWrap has openings for unpaid editorial interns in our Los Angeles newsroom for college students who are able to receive course credit for part-time work. We are looking for energetic, digitally savvy reporters who are passionate about the business of entertainment and as well as the content of films and TV and how they impacts viewers and society at large.
The job entails original reporting and clear thinking and requires candidates to be available at least one full work day (or two half-days) per week. The ideal candidate is familiar with the fast-paced, highly competitive world of online entertainment industry coverage.
Submit clips and a résumé by July 1, 2020, to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.