Leading Hollywood industry news website TheWrap has an opening for a blogger/reporter with an emphasis on TV for its Los Angeles newsroom. We are looking for an energetic, digitally savvy reporter who is passionate about the business of TV and as well as the content of TV programming and how it impacts viewers and society at large. The job entails original reporting and clear thinking about trends in TV. The ideal candidate is familiar with the fast-paced, highly competitive world of online entertainment industry coverage. Two to three years of reporting experience is preferred, some reporting and writing experience required. Submit clips and a resume to email@example.com
Leading Hollywood industry news website TheWrap has an opening for a reporter with an emphasis on film for its Los Angeles newsroom. We are looking for an energetic, digitally savvy reporter who is passionate about the business of film and knowledgeable about (and ideally has contacts in) the world of Wall Street and financing. The job entails original reporting and clear thinking about the business of Hollywood, with the ability to pivot from a story about corporate earnings to one about product placement in summer blockbusters. The ideal candidate is familiar with the fast-paced, highly competitive world of online entertainment industry coverage. Two to three years of reporting experience is preferred, reporting and writing experience required. Submit clips and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Director, Industry Partnerships
TheWrap has an opening for a full-time experiential sales lead. The ideal candidate will have strong entertainment industry relationships and a passion for helping clients achieve their goals at Wrap events such as The Grill and the Power Women Breakfast series. He or she should have excellent communication skills, a client-focused mentality, a strong work ethic, and an ability to balance multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
The Senior Director, Industry Partnerships will be responsible for building meaningful sponsorships and activations across TheWrap’s extensive events calendar. He or she will work closely with industry partners, helping clients identify their thoughts leaders for live events and leveraging those interactions across all TheWrap’s media channels. Travel is expected as part of the position.
- Minimum 2-years sales experience
- Trade publishing experience (print and digital)
- Strong knowledge of current industry practices
- Data research and insight experience
- Campaign execution and management experience
- Media planning
- Experience generating and submitting RFPs and RFIs
- Knowledge of comScore, Google Analytics, DoubleClick products (DFA, DFP, Ad Exchange), Google Docs and @plan
- Strong communications skills
- Event experience
- Team oriented
- Industry contacts
Please submit your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com
Associate Art Director
Mid-level, full time, in-house contract to hire position.
Location: West Los Angeles
If you are creative and detail oriented with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment, come join our team at TheWrap News!
How to Apply: Send a brief cover letter, resume and a link to a PDF or portfolio site with at least seven examples of: editorial design and art direction, along with any marketing decks, front end web design, and personal illustration or photography work.
Job Requirements: Five years of editorial design experience is required. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to juggle several projects at once. The associated art director will work closely with the creative director to manage both digital and print projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Applicants must have a strong understanding of typography and expert-level skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat. Must possess strong visual story-telling skills. You should have a love for entertainment and journalism. Knowledge of magazine production, color correction, PDF and postscript technology, prepress, PowerPoint, Digital Ad Creation, is required. Basic understanding of UI/UX. Motion graphics photography and/or Illustration, are desirable, but not required.
Qualifications: Bachelor Degree desired, but will make exception for right candidate.
Skills: Adobe CC, Attention to Detail, Strong Visual Communication, Organized, Proactive, Multitasker, Professionalism, Team Player, Calm Under Pressure, Solution-Based, Data Entry, Reporting, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office and Punctual.
If interested in applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Digital Marketing/Social Media Intern
Leading Hollywood industry news website TheWrap is seeking a Digital Marketing/Social Media Intern for its Los Angeles newsroom. The ideal applicant will possess strong knowledge of the digital media landscape, including various social media sites, audience analytics tools, and technical skills. Candidates looking to gain valuable online media experience with an established organization are encouraged to apply. You will not be grabbing coffee or making appointments. You’ll be working under experienced leadership on a fast moving team.
- Work with the on-site Social Media Manager to create and implement campaigns
- Develop content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis
- Influencer outreach + engagement
- Running Targeted Digital + Social Ads
- Monitor analytics with social media team to identify viable ideas
- Social Listening + Finding Trends with our online listening tools
- Create engaging social media content
- Provide support to our marketing team at live and online events
- Contribute with analysis of the follow: site traffic, social engagement, keywords, content verticals, etc
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field or In Progress
- 1+ years’ experience in social media/marketing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- In-depth working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, SnapChat
- Experience with social media analytics, including Google Analytics and Facebook Insights
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop
- Team player and ready to learn.
Send resume to email@example.com