TheWrap is seeking a Jill-of-all-trades writer who is just as comfortable exploring this week’s episode of “The Mandalorian” or “The Bachelor” or “Power Book II: Ghost” as they are the latest outrage on the political front. This writer should have their pulse on what’s trending in movies, television, politics, media … you name it.
The ideal candidate is not someone who just waits around for an assignment (though there will certainly be some). You know how to spot a good story before it becomes a top trending topic — and can write about it in a way that stands out from other outlets’ approach.
Your copy should be clean, clever and conversational. We’re looking for someone interested in all things entertainment that shows in their writing — with a particular emphasis on writers with a passion for content by and for underrepresented communities.
- At least 2-3 years experience writing for professional outlets
– Superior entertainment news judgment
– Proficient and speedy on a CMS such as WordPress
– Ability to crop photographs
– Social media savvy
Mid to Senior-level, temp-to-permanent full time in-house (remote) position with opportunity to grow quickly within organization.
Location: West Los Angeles, California.
TheWrap, which recently best Entertainment Website award from the LA Press Club, is looking for an associate art director to push the visual story- telling envelope, improve our UX, and discover new ways to connect with our readers.
How to Apply: Include a brief cover letter, resume and a link to a PDF or portfolio site with at least seven examples of: editorial design and art direction, along with any marketing decks, front end web design, and personal illustration or photography work.
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Requirements: Five years of editorial design experience is required. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to juggle several projects at once. The art director will work closely with TheWrap’s senior team to manage both digital and print projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Applicants must have a superior understanding of typography and expert- level skills in Front-end Design, Power Point, Google Suite, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat. Strong visual story-telling skills. You should have a love for entertainment and journalism. Knowledge of front-end design, pop-ups, WordPress, SEO, marketing and sales decks, magazine production, color correction, PDF and postscript technology, prepress, Power Point, Digital Ad Creation, Google Suite is required. Other talents such as illustration, photography or video production are desirable, but not required.
About You: You live and breathe great design and have a strong foundation in typography, photography, illustration, and usability. You love journalism, and entertainment. You can see the big-picture, you enjoy brainstorming and hands-on design work. You are an even-tempered multitasker who enjoys the creative process and generating great work from a limited budget and staff. You are not a clock-watcher. Your design is smart but not too complicated; your work is useful learnable, memorable, effective, efficient, desirable and delightful.
Intern, Marketing & Events
TheWrap News is looking for events and marketing interns eager to gain entertainment experience to assist in planning industry events and screenings.
This internship is an excellent opportunity for a bright college student to dip their feet into entertainment and interact with important industry contacts. Working for the events team provides opportunities to work both in and outside of the office while providing support for our high-profile events calendar. As a team-oriented environment, you will have the ability to work with all members of the events and marketing team to get a strong understanding for which part of events you enjoy the most and develop a well-rounded skill set.
Internship Learning Outcomes:
- Develop a proficiency in interoffice communication including extensive knowledge of Google Drive
- Build strong outreach skills to assist in executing marketing initiatives
- Recognize all steps associated with running events and screenings from planning to completion
- Understand business marketing tactics including awareness building, communication etiquette, and data analysis
- Learn best practices for sourcing contacts involved in event activation including venues, catering, and hospitality
Description of Tasks:
- Outreach to agencies, production companies, and entertainment groups to contribute to the team’s sales and event marketing efforts
- Assist in marketing execution including utilizing Facebook Ad Manager, Google Adwords, and Google Analytics
- Will learn and use Campaign Monitor for newsletter development
- Utilize TheWrap’s entertainment community contacts to source partnership opportunities, venues, and activations
- Interact with industry and PR execs to communicate event logistics for talent
- Contribute to team organization through communication documents
- Work onsite at our award-nominated screenings and events including TheGrill and Power Women Series
How to Apply:
Please email email@example.com with resumes and cover letters.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Summer Editorial Interns
Leading Hollywood industry news website TheWrap has two openings for paid editorial interns in our Los Angeles newsroom. We are looking for energetic, digitally savvy reporters who are passionate about the business of entertainment and as well as the content of films and TV and how they impacts viewers and society at large.
The job entails original reporting and clear thinking. The ideal candidate is familiar with the fast-paced, highly competitive world of online entertainment industry coverage.
Submit clips and a résumé by March 15 to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.