Marketing and Events
Screenings Manager; Marketing Manager; Event Coordinator
TheWrap’s Marketing & Events Division is growing! We’re looking for talented marketing and event production professionals to help execute TheWrap’s screening series and various festival, industry and Wrap events. Duties include planning, programming, marketing, coordinating and executing TheWrap’s film and television centric events including awards/foreign/documentary screening series, video interview/portrait studios at Sundance and Toronto Film Festivals, support for the Wrap’s flagship Grill Conference, WrapWomen’s BE Con and Power Women Summit among other events as needed. The right candidate loves working hard with an all-star team, has an understanding of the entertainment industry landscape, and a passion for film and television with their finger on the pulse of the cultural zeitgeist.
Key Characteristics and Attributes
- Self-starter, forward thinking and highly organized with demonstrated proficiency in event programming, marketing, planning and execution
- Possess a can-do attitude; a proactive, solution-oriented problem solver
- Skilled working with celebrities and high-level entertainment talent/clients
- An exceptional writer and communicator with solid computer skills (various programs and platforms)
- Able to work within a matrixed team, negotiate and oversee event logistics (on-site and/or digital)
- Thrive in high pressure situations and competently juggle competing priorities
How to Apply: Send resume and cover letter including role of interest to email@example.com
Business Editor, TheWrap PRO
Looking for an exciting opportunity to lead a small, elite team of journalists writing for TheWrap’s subscription service, PRO, about the business of entertainment and media? TheWrap, the award-winning, digital-first Hollywood news site is seeking a Business Editor for its Los Angeles-based newsroom. (The job can be done remotely.) The winning candidate will be passionate about the business of entertainment and media at a time when disruption makes for constant change, and experienced in the world of digital news. You will be an organized multitasker in a real-time news environment. But the joy of the role is in planning coverage, assigning and working with top reporters around the broad range of beats that TheWrap’s subscription service covers — daily business news, deeply reported investigative pieces, analysis and features for our industry-focused audience. You should be conversant with analytics tools to see what stories (and types of stories) get the most engagement from subscribers to our industry-oriented Wrap PRO service, to help shape the direction of future assignments.
– At least 3-5 years experience writing and editing in a business news environment
– Top-notch line-editing and copy-editing skills
– Experience mentoring and developing the talents of younger reporters
– Superior news judgment about the entertainment/tech/media space
– Passion for Hollywood and media industry news and the players involved
– Proficient on a CMS such as WordPress
Please send résumé and cover letter, with clips, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Leading entertainment and media news website, TheWrap, is looking for an experienced executive assistant to aid the Founder/CEO of the company and support key executives in the sales and marketing departments.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is interested in working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Candidates should have a minimum of two+ years of relevant experience (agency preferred) and be familiar with the entertainment and media industries. They should be highly organized, possess strong administrative skills and be a problem solver. The position is available immediately, based in the West Los Angeles office as it provides primary support to TheWrap’s CEO and top managers.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide support to the Founder/CEO
- Maintain fast pace daily schedule, host weekly zoom calls
- Travel arrangements, light personal assistant duties
- Manage various office functions
- Assist in company activity planning – quarterly board meetings, monthly staff lunches, virtual events and screenings
- Assist event marketing/sales with LOAs, invoices and tracking of deliverables ensuring client satisfaction and operational efficiencies
- Manage various tracking docs, invites and lists (audience, magazine, CEO contacts)
- Support digital marketing and campaign initiatives as needed
- Collaborate with stakeholders at various levels on a regular basis
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum two+ years as an executive assistant (agency preferred)
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Solid computer skills
Submit resumes to email@example.com
Media/Tech Business Reporter
Leading Hollywood industry news website TheWrap is seeking an experienced business reporter to cover the business of media and technology — particularly how new technologies are revolutionizing the traditional entertainment/media space. (The job can be done remotely.) Are you passionate about the biz side that shapes what we consume on our screens? Know your way around a balance sheet and company earnings report as well as the trends that are transforming the media industry? Are you dying to know who will replace Dean Baquet — or why Clubhouse may not be around in 12 months? Then this is the job for you.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, energetic and capable of multitasking in a high-pressure breaking news environment.
- At least 3-5 years of experience working in a digital-first newsroom covering business news
- Superior news judgment and writing skills
- Passion for media/tech news and the players involved
- Love for deep storytelling and the reporting skills that go with it
- Proficiency on a CMS such as WordPress
- Social media savvy
Please send a résumé and cover letter, along with a handful of your best clips, to firstname.lastname@example.org
TheWrap is seeking a Jill-of-all-trades writer who is just as comfortable exploring this week’s episode of “The Mandalorian” or “The Bachelor” or “Power Book II: Ghost” as they are the latest outrage on the political front. This writer should have their pulse on what’s trending in movies, television, politics, media … you name it.
The ideal candidate is not someone who just waits around for an assignment (though there will certainly be some). You know how to spot a good story before it becomes a top trending topic — and can write about it in a way that stands out from other outlets’ approach.
Your copy should be clean, clever and conversational. We’re looking for someone interested in all things entertainment that shows in their writing — with a particular emphasis on writers with a passion for content by and for underrepresented communities.
– At least 2-3 years experience writing for professional outlets
– Superior entertainment news judgment
– Proficient and speedy on a CMS such as WordPress
– Ability to crop photographs
– Social media savvy
Mid to Senior-level, temp-to-permanent full time in-house (remote) position with opportunity to grow quickly within organization.
Location: West Los Angeles, California.
TheWrap, which recently best Entertainment Website award from the LA Press Club, is looking for an associate art director to push the visual story- telling envelope, improve our UX, and discover new ways to connect with our readers.
How to Apply: Include a brief cover letter, resume and a link to a PDF or portfolio site with at least seven examples of: editorial design and art direction, along with any marketing decks, front end web design, and personal illustration or photography work.
Please send to email@example.com.
Job Requirements: Five years of editorial design experience is required. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to juggle several projects at once. The art director will work closely with TheWrap’s senior team to manage both digital and print projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Applicants must have a superior understanding of typography and expert- level skills in Front-end Design, Power Point, Google Suite, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat. Strong visual story-telling skills. You should have a love for entertainment and journalism. Knowledge of front-end design, pop-ups, WordPress, SEO, marketing and sales decks, magazine production, color correction, PDF and postscript technology, prepress, Power Point, Digital Ad Creation, Google Suite is required. Other talents such as illustration, photography or video production are desirable, but not required.
About You: You live and breathe great design and have a strong foundation in typography, photography, illustration, and usability. You love journalism, and entertainment. You can see the big-picture, you enjoy brainstorming and hands-on design work. You are an even-tempered multitasker who enjoys the creative process and generating great work from a limited budget and staff. You are not a clock-watcher. Your design is smart but not too complicated; your work is useful learnable, memorable, effective, efficient, desirable and delightful.
Intern, Marketing & Events
TheWrap News is looking for events and marketing interns eager to gain entertainment experience to assist in planning industry events and screenings.
This internship is an excellent opportunity for a bright college student to dip their feet into entertainment and interact with important industry contacts. Working for the events team provides opportunities to work both in and outside of the office while providing support for our high-profile events calendar. As a team-oriented environment, you will have the ability to work with all members of the events and marketing team to get a strong understanding for which part of events you enjoy the most and develop a well-rounded skill set.
Internship Learning Outcomes:
- Develop a proficiency in interoffice communication including extensive knowledge of Google Drive
- Build strong outreach skills to assist in executing marketing initiatives
- Recognize all steps associated with running events and screenings from planning to completion
- Understand business marketing tactics including awareness building, communication etiquette, and data analysis
- Learn best practices for sourcing contacts involved in event activation including venues, catering, and hospitality
Description of Tasks:
- Outreach to agencies, production companies, and entertainment groups to contribute to the team’s sales and event marketing efforts
- Assist in marketing execution including utilizing Facebook Ad Manager, Google Adwords, and Google Analytics
- Will learn and use Campaign Monitor for newsletter development
- Utilize TheWrap’s entertainment community contacts to source partnership opportunities, venues, and activations
- Interact with industry and PR execs to communicate event logistics for talent
- Contribute to team organization through communication documents
- Work onsite at our award-nominated screenings and events including TheGrill and Power Women Series
How to Apply:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with resumes and cover letters.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Fall Editorial Interns
Leading Hollywood industry news website TheWrap has openings for unpaid editorial interns in our Los Angeles newsroom for college students who are able to receive course credit for part-time work. We are looking for energetic, digitally savvy reporters who are passionate about the business of entertainment and as well as the content of films and TV and how they impacts viewers and society at large.
The job entails original reporting and clear thinking and requires candidates to be available at least one full work day (or two half-days) per week. The ideal candidate is familiar with the fast-paced, highly competitive world of online entertainment industry coverage.
Submit clips and a résumé by July 15, 2021 to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.