Senior Event Sponsorship Sales
TheWrap is seeking an ambitious, full time SALES person to join the department in a senior position. This is a full time position located in West Los Angeles. The candidate will have strong entertainment industry relationships and a passion for helping clients achieve their goals at Wrap events such as The Grill, Power Women series and festivals. He or she should have excellent communication skills, a client-focused mentality, a strong work ethic, and an ability to balance multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for a STRONG closer.
This position will be responsible for selling meaningful sponsorships and activations across TheWrap’s extensive events calendar. He or she will work closely with industry partners, helping clients identify thought leaders for live events and leveraging those interactions across TheWrap’s media channels.
- Minimum 5+ years event sponsorship sales
- Consumer & trade experience (events, print, digital, video)
- Strong knowledge of current industry practices
- Strong industry contacts
- Existing relationships with leading national brands
- Data research and insight experience
- Campaign execution and management experience
- Media planning
- Experience generating and submitting RFPs and RFIs
- Strong communication skills
- Team oriented
- Strong working knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong strategic and consultative selling skills
- Build and maintain relationships by cultivating positive working relationships with clients
and agencies, aligning client sales strategies with strategic marketing positions, and
successfully partnering with clients to meet their sales and marketing objectives.
- Develop new business opportunities with existing and new accounts.
- Achieve sales, revenue, market share and profit goals.
- Develop and implement sales strategies, activities, and negotiations to maximize
- Close sales by prospecting and developing relationships, analyzing needs and
opportunities, developing effective proposals, negotiating terms, documenting activity and
thoroughly following up on issues pertaining to the sale and delivery of services to
customers in a timely manner.
Qualified candidates should submit resume for immediate consideration. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. TheWrap is an equal opportunity employer that encourages and values diversity.
The Wrap News Inc., founded by award-winning journalist Sharon Waxman in 2009, is the leading digital news organization covering the business of entertainment and media.
TheWrap was nominated as the Best Entertainment website in 2012 and named the best online news site in both 2012 and 2009 at the National Entertainment Journalism Awards by the Los Angeles Press Club. It has won many other awards for investigative reporting, columns, criticism and feature writing. TheWrap was named one of the “Most Important Online Publishers” in 2010 by OMMA, the magazine of online media, marketing and advertising.
Visit us at https://www.thewrap.com/.
If interested in applying, please email Elena.Sapia@thewrap.com
Marketing Manager, Events
Location: West Los Angeles, CA
TheWrap, which recently won top honor of Best Entertainment Website at the National Arts and Entertainment Journalism Awards, is looking for a Marketing Manager to promote our industry-leading events – a series of high profile gatherings of thought leaders including the Power Women Series, Oscar Season Screening Series, activations at Film Festivals and TheGrill, an executive leadership conference centered on the convergence of entertainment, media and technology. The Marketing Manager will additionally maintain the excitement and community engagement events deliver – before, during and after TheWrap’s various events.
How to Apply: Send a brief cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Requirements: 2-4 years of marketing experience required. The successful candidate will possess a can-do attitude, excellent communication and organizational skills and the aptitude to prioritize while juggling several projects at once. The Marketing Manager will work closely with Event Managers, Programming Manager, Sponsorship Sales, Art and Production Teams in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Applicants must have the ability to strategize, oversee and execute, while maintaining marketing calendars and customer-facing platforms highlighting the value of Wrap Events (ticket sales and/or sponsorships). Love of entertainment and creation of memorable experiences a must. Knowledge of MailChimp, WordPress, CMS, Eventbrite/TicketSauce, SurveyMonkey and other marketing tools needed. Basic understanding of event management and production useful.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree and recent event marketing experience across digital, social, email, print and experiential membership platforms
Desired Skills & Knowledge:
- Familiarity and competence with MailChimp, WordPress, CMS, Eventbrite/ TicketSauce, SurveyMonkey and other marketing tools a must
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Desire to succeed, problem solver, creative thinker
- Create marketing campaigns, both promotion/awareness and ticket or membership sales strategy, for TheWrap’s industry leading events
- Execute/deliver to plan including creative requests and copywriting as needed
- Manage event marketing content calendars, including collaboration with digital, social and production teams
- Maintain accurate and up to date marketing platforms demonstrating strength of Wrap content/events
- Event research to target potential members/partners/barters and management of related marketing deliverables
- Work with event management, content and sales to secure potential sponsorships based on content alignment and generally promote events
- Review content themes and target demographics in order to effectively communicate with and engage audience, analyze results post-event
- Acknowledgement of team-based environment, working together to reach maximum output
- Ownership of projects and understanding of TheWrap’s proprietary internal information
- Consciousness of colleagues, space, and unique culture of the TheWrap
If interested in applying, please email email@example.com
Digital TV/Streaming Business Reporter
Leading Hollywood industry news website TheWrap has an opening for a business reporter to cover the digital TV and streaming space. We are looking for an energetic, digitally savvy reporter who is passionate about the business of media and how technology, competition and consumer behavior are reshaping the overall entertainment landscape. The ideal candidate is familiar with the fast-paced, highly competitive world of streaming — and can pivot from quick news hits to more in-depth reporting and analysis. TheWrap is based in L.A. but the location of the position is negotiable.
- At least 3 years writing and reporting for a digital news site, preferably with a focus on the business of entertainment
- Strong contact list built on relationships within the digital TV/streaming world
- 24/7 obsessiveness by nature, understanding that the news cycle never sleeps
- Ability to remain calm even under deadline pressure
- Proficient and speedy on a CMS such as WordPress or Drupal
- Ability to crop photographs
- Social media savvy
Please submit clips and a résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Intern, Marketing & Events
TheWrap News is looking for events and marketing interns looking to gain entertainment experience to assist in planning entertainment industry live events and screenings.
This internship is an excellent opportunity for a bright college student to dip their feet into entertainment and interact with important industry contacts. Working for the events team provides opportunities to work both in and outside of the office while providing support for our high-profile events calendar. As a team-oriented environment, you will have the ability to work with all members of the events and marketing team to get a strong understanding for which part of events you enjoy the most and grow a well-rounded skill set.
Internship Learning Outcomes:
- Develop a proficiency in interoffice communication including extensive knowledge of Google Drive
- Build strong outreach skills to assist in executing marketing initiatives
- Recognize all steps associated with running events and screenings from planning to completion
- Understand business marketing tactics including awareness building, communication etiquette, and data analysis
- Learn best practices for sourcing contacts involved in event activation including venues, catering, and hospitality
Description of Tasks:
- Outreach to agencies, production companies, and entertainment groups to contribute to the team’s sales and event marketing efforts
- Assist in marketing execution including utilizing Facebook Ad Manager, Google Adwords, and Google Analytics
- Will learn and use Mailchimp for newsletter development
- Utilize TheWrap’s entertainment community contacts to source partnership opportunities, venues, and activations
- Interact with industry and PR execs to communicate event logistics for talent
- Contribute to team organization through communication documents
- Work onsite at our award-nominated screenings and events including TheGrill and PowerWomen Breakfast Series
How to Apply:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with resumes and cover letters.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Fall Editorial Interns
Leading Hollywood industry news website TheWrap has openings for unpaid editorial interns in our Los Angeles newsroom for college students who are able to receive course credit for part-time work. We are looking for energetic, digitally savvy reporters who are passionate about the business of entertainment and as well as the content of films and TV and how they impacts viewers and society at large.
The job entails original reporting and clear thinking. The ideal candidate is familiar with the fast-paced, highly competitive world of online entertainment industry coverage. Submit clips and a résumé to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.