Full Stack Web Developer
TheWrap is looking for a full stack web developer to help grow its entertainment news site of 15 million unique visitors. Your role as our in-house full stack web developer will require working with every major team in the company – ad ops, creative, editorial and events.
TheWrap is a digital-first news organization covering the business of entertainment and media via digital, print and live events. It was founded by award-winning journalist Sharon Waxman in 2009, The Wrap News Inc. consists of the award-winning, industry-leading website with its high-profile news breaks, investigative stories and authoritative analysis; it also includes premium, glossy magazines with stunning original photography and editorial, distributed to entertainment industry professionals.
- Coding templates, widgets, functionality in PHP for our WordPress install
- Interfacing with 3rd party vendors such as Campaign Monitor, Stripe, Wallkit
- Managing security and email for the company via GSuite
- Fielding requests from different departments
- At least 4+ years of Software Engineering Experience
- Advanced knowledge of WordPress, PHP, HTML, CSS and JS
- Public speaking skills that will allow you to explain updates in meetings
- Willingness to manage multiple WordPress sites
- Comfortability working with deploying code via Git and SFTP
- Comfortability working with remote teams via Teamwork and Zoom
Advertising Sales Assistant
TheWrap is searching for a dynamic, highly organized and proactive individual to join our team as a Sales Assistant to the Advertising Department.
In this role, you will perform varied and confidential administrative work in a fast-paced environment, requiring a high degree of judgment and knowledge of the organization’s policies and practices.
Job responsibilities include:
· Creating daily competitor List
· Creating/Housing/Locating LOAs & Barters
· Editing/Housing/Locating one-sheets or decks needed for sales purposes
· Updating/Adding Newsletter Subscribers in Campaign Monitor and Mail chimp
· Access/ability to pull reporting from Mail Chimp and Campaign Monitor
· Helping Sales team send out blasts via Mail Chimp & Survey Monkey as needed
· Helping with events/dinners when needed (check-in, tracking attendees, set-up, hosting)
· Keeping Ad Tracker and White Board updated for Print and Events
· Housing/Locating Signed IOs
· Coordinating with Sales and Production in collecting ads from clients and keeping deadlines
· Reviewing ad placements with Sales and Production for final map of magazine
· Keeping track of checking copies and creating mailing/delivery lists for sales team
· Coordinating and carrying out mailings & deliveries
· Sending Mailing lists to Southwest Offset Printing
· Updating Mailing Lists (Oscars, Emmys, VES, BAFTA, and NATAS)
· Keeping Postage Meter balance full
· Archiving all magazines and making sure we have enough on hand for events and barters
· Assembling media kits for sales purposes
· Research for new client outreach for sales purposes (College/Cannes/etc.)
The candidate must be a self-starter with sound judgment and proven performance in high-level administrative positions. The candidate must have a strong attention to detail, exhibit poise and discretion. Candidate will be handling sensitive and confidential matters, and must have excellent written and verbal communication with customers.
Must be detail-oriented, organized and a team player. The AAE has solid writing skills, is a strong communicator and has a passion for advertising and the entertainment industry. He or she is enthusiastic and willing to learn all aspects of the advertising business
College degree preferred
Project organizational skills
Oral & written communication skills
Customer service attitude
Basic Math Skills
Organized and efficient
Strong Time Management
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
TheWrap offers competitive salaries, professional growth opportunities, and benefits. This position reports to the VP of Sales. Qualified candidates should submit resume for immediate consideration. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. TheWrap is an equal opportunity employer that encourages and values diversity.
The Wrap News Inc., founded by award-winning journalist Sharon Waxman in 2009, is the leading digital news organization covering the business of entertainment and media. TheWrap was nominated as the Best Entertainment website in 2012 and named the best online news site in both 2012 and 2009 at the National Entertainment Journalism Awards by the Los Angeles Press Club. It has won many other awards for investigative reporting, columns, criticism and feature writing. TheWrap was named one of the “100 Most Important Online Publishers” in 2010 by OMMA, the magazine of online media, marketing and advertising.
Visit us at https://www.thewrap.com/. Please submit résumés to [email protected]
Marketing Manager, Events
Location: West Los Angeles, CA
TheWrap, which recently won top honor of Best Entertainment Website at the National Arts and Entertainment Journalism Awards, is looking for a Marketing Manager to promote our industry-leading events – a series of high profile gatherings of thought leaders including the Power Women Series, Oscar Season Screening Series, activations at Film Festivals and TheGrill, an executive leadership conference centered on the convergence of entertainment, media and technology. The Marketing Manager will additionally maintain the excitement and community engagement events deliver – before, during and after TheWrap’s various events.
How to Apply: Send a brief cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Job Requirements: 2-4 years of marketing experience required. The successful candidate will possess a can-do attitude, excellent communication and organizational skills and the aptitude to prioritize while juggling several projects at once. The Marketing Manager will work closely with Event Managers, Programming Manager, Sponsorship Sales, Art and Production Teams in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Applicants must have the ability to strategize, oversee and execute, while maintaining marketing calendars and customer-facing platforms highlighting the value of Wrap Events (ticket sales and/or sponsorships). Love of entertainment and creation of memorable experiences a must. Knowledge of MailChimp, WordPress, CMS, Eventbrite/TicketSauce, SurveyMonkey and other marketing tools needed. Basic understanding of event management and production useful.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree and recent event marketing experience across digital, social, email, print and experiential membership platforms
Desired Skills & Knowledge:
- Familiarity and competence with MailChimp, WordPress, CMS, Eventbrite/ TicketSauce, SurveyMonkey and other marketing tools a must
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Desire to succeed, problem solver, creative thinker
- Create marketing campaigns, both promotion/awareness and ticket or membership sales strategy, for TheWrap’s industry leading events
- Execute/deliver to plan including creative requests and copywriting as needed
- Manage event marketing content calendars, including collaboration with digital, social and production teams
- Maintain accurate and up to date marketing platforms demonstrating strength of Wrap content/events
- Event research to target potential members/partners/barters and management of related marketing deliverables
- Work with event management, content and sales to secure potential sponsorships based on content alignment and generally promote events
- Review content themes and target demographics in order to effectively communicate with and engage audience, analyze results post-event
- Acknowledgement of team-based environment, working together to reach maximum output
- Ownership of projects and understanding of TheWrap’s proprietary internal information
- Consciousness of colleagues, space, and unique culture of the TheWrap
If interested in applying, please email [email protected]
Intern, Marketing & Events
TheWrap News is looking for events and marketing interns looking to gain entertainment experience to assist in planning entertainment industry live events and screenings.
This internship is an excellent opportunity for a bright college student to dip their feet into entertainment and interact with important industry contacts. Working for the events team provides opportunities to work both in and outside of the office while providing support for our high-profile events calendar. As a team-oriented environment, you will have the ability to work with all members of the events and marketing team to get a strong understanding for which part of events you enjoy the most and grow a well-rounded skill set.
Internship Learning Outcomes:
- Develop a proficiency in interoffice communication including extensive knowledge of Google Drive
- Build strong outreach skills to assist in executing marketing initiatives
- Recognize all steps associated with running events and screenings from planning to completion
- Understand business marketing tactics including awareness building, communication etiquette, and data analysis
- Learn best practices for sourcing contacts involved in event activation including venues, catering, and hospitality
Description of Tasks:
- Outreach to agencies, production companies, and entertainment groups to contribute to the team’s sales and event marketing efforts
- Assist in marketing execution including utilizing Facebook Ad Manager, Google Adwords, and Google Analytics
- Will learn and use Mailchimp for newsletter development
- Utilize TheWrap’s entertainment community contacts to source partnership opportunities, venues, and activations
- Interact with industry and PR execs to communicate event logistics for talent
- Contribute to team organization through communication documents
- Work onsite at our award-nominated screenings and events including TheGrill and PowerWomen Breakfast Series
How to Apply:
Please email [email protected] with resumes and cover letters.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Fall Editorial Interns
Leading Hollywood industry news website TheWrap has openings for unpaid editorial interns in our Los Angeles newsroom for college students who are able to receive course credit for part-time work. We are looking for energetic, digitally savvy reporters who are passionate about the business of entertainment and as well as the content of films and TV and how they impacts viewers and society at large.
The job entails original reporting and clear thinking and requires candidates to be available at least one full work day (or two half-days) per week. The ideal candidate is familiar with the fast-paced, highly competitive world of online entertainment industry coverage.