Executive Assistant, CEO
TheWrap is seeking an Executive Assistant to provide administrative support at a rapidly growing entertainment news site.
Proactively maintain schedule and calendar, including extensive meeting coordination
Schedule travel arrangements, including changing itineraries last-minute as necessary
Answer phone lines, screen calls and route calls appropriately
Serve as a liaison between internal and external contacts in a professional manner
Review, prioritize, and track email correspondence with discretion, including responding as directed
Maintain, organization and distribution of mail, office supplies, and storage inventories
Perform all other related duties as necessary
Ability to multitask and remain calm under pressure in fast-paced environment
Strong attention to detail and superior organizational and time management skills
Superior verbal and written communication skills
Ability to anticipate needs, operate proactively and manage multiple high priorities
Sensitivity to confidential projects and information
Availability to work overtime as needed
Minimum of 2 years’ experience as an assistant and/or working at a studio, production company or talent agency strongly preferred
Ad Operations, TheWrap
We are seeking a detail oriented, versatile and fun individual to serve within the AdOps/Sales department at TheWrap. The primary function of this role will be to manage all digital advertising campaigns.
- Screen and test submitted rich media creative to ensure compliance with site and technical specifications.
- Assess/verify targeting and technical integration needs prior to flight. Integrate campaign tracking components.
- QA ad functionality for site redesigns, migrations, and new products on desktop and mobile platforms. Report and track issues and follow through to resolution. Work creatively with development team to find innovative solutions.
- Prepare RFP’s and enter insertion orders
- Manage digital inventory and provide avails
- Upload, target and monitor online ad campaigns
- Provide screenshots and support to clients for live campaigns
- Provide delivery reporting for campaigns
- Work closely with our accountant to generate invoices
- Work closely with IT to develop new ad units/controls
- Work closely with the Sales team to create and execute orders
- Deep understanding of web architecture and online advertising processes
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years ad ops experience
- Experience with DFP
- Ability to multi task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work after hours and on weekends when required
- Strong communication skills and customer service skills
- Strong organizational and analytic skills
- Able to multitask in a deadline driven environment
- Proficiency with basic office applications such as Excel & PowerPoint
Digital Business Editor, TheWrap
TheWrap is looking for an experienced business reporter/editor for a newly-created position covering the business of media with a focus on the digital space. This is a senior position for someone prepared to represent not just their own byline but a leading digital media brand where breaking news, smart insight and exclusive coverage are expected by our influential readership. Digital is something all reporters cover at TheWrap, so this position allows the candidate to work closely across the newsroom, seeding stories and ideas as it impacts the changing landscape of movies, television and streaming. But the primary responsibility will be on covering the digital landscape with a focus on media, and on digging deeply into the business models that are constantly being challenged and shifting as a result of technological change.
This person will also have responsibilities in programming and moderating at TheWrap’s prestigious business conferences, TheGrill. In that capacity you will work closely with site founder and editor-in-chief Sharon Waxman, and be expected to bring sources and ideas to our growing live events division.
A successful candidate for this position should have a minimum of five years of business reporting experience and be prepared for the demands of breaking news reporting in the digital age.
The successful candidate can potentially be located anywhere relevant – preferably Los Angeles, San Francisco or New York. In that vein, being in the newsroom is not required for a self-starting, highly effective candidate, though some newsroom participation will of course be part of the job.
Salary: TBD based on experience
News Editor, TheWrap
We are looking for an experienced, digitally savvy news editor with more than a passing knowledge of the world of entertainment. The ideal candidate is familiar with the fast-paced, highly competitive world of online entertainment news coverage and thrives on breaking news and the energy of the newsroom. Must be a team player and comfortable with using social media. Wire service experience most welcome, solid news judgement a must. Three to five years experience required.
Send resume to email@example.com
Film Biz Reporter, TheWrap
Leading Hollywood industry news website TheWrap has an opening for a film biz reporter. We are looking for an energetic, digitally savvy reporter who is passionate about the business of film. Ability to pick up the phone and build sources is essential. The ideal candidate is familiar with the fast-paced, highly competitive world of online entertainment industry coverage. Two to three years of reporting experience is preferred, some reporting and writing experience required. Position is based in Los Angeles.
Submit clips and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Information Technology Manager
Oversees the management of the company’s outsourced IT systems provider
Provides direction related to strategic and key tactical decisions related to this functional area. Key liaison in PEO relationship with outsourced human resource services provider
Take lead responsibility for managing the Wrap’s office facilities, including physical plant and telecommunications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or related field;
- 5+ years of relevant experience with a diverse set of skills;
- Progressive track record of increasing management responsibilities within prior organizations;
- Strong accounting and finance experience;
- Systems knowledge and experience including how to harness financial and operational data within an organization;
- Past experience in a start-up environment or capital markets preferred;
- Must have excellent organizational skills as well as effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Be knowledgeable in regards to QuickBooks Pro and Paychex payroll systems;
- Excellent business acumen and analytical approaches to modeling and solving problems.
The Successful Candidate Possesses The Following Characteristics:
- Energetic, professional, and positive leader who easily engages with, motivates and develops their team;
- Self-motivated, possessing intellectual curiosity;
- Flexible – capable of changing priorities to meet demands of business and product growth;
- Process improvement and best practices expertise;
- High integrity and ethical standards;
- Thrives in a goal oriented environment, possessing the ability to prioritize and perform under pressure to meet deadlines.
Send resume to email@example.com