CONTROLLER / SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
TheWrap is looking for a Controller / Sr. Accountant who has the attention to detail and fortitude to handle day-to-day accounting, as well as the expertise and creativity required to analyze business results and identify areas for process and operational improvement. We need someone who isn’t afraid to be hands-on now and is also capable of leading a team as we grow.
- Record all financial transactions of the company
- Prepare, organize and help coordinate the monthly and annual closing process
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations in accordance with GAAP
- Calculate and process monthly accrual and deferred expense journal entries
- Process payroll
- When necessary, work with customers and vendors to manage receivables, payables, and overall cash flow
- Assist with the preparation and compilation of required internal and external reporting, financial results, trends and budget variances
- Perform a detailed level review of the business operating results and statistics, comparing projected and prior month financial results
- Employ analytical, conceptual and creative thinking skills to improve overall business and reporting performance
- Assist with the preparation of presentation materials aimed at executive staff and board members
- Prepare various ad hoc reports as needed
- Must be mathematical, analytical, and have strong attention to detail
- Must have strong communication skills and the ability to multi-task
- Must be able to interact effectively with business partners and all levels of management
- Must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, intellectually curious and a solid team player
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5-7 years accounting experience
- Strong computer literacy with Microsoft Office and advanced Excel skills
- Deep knowledge of Quickbooks; familiarity with other accounting software
- Experience processing payroll through PayChex
- Non-profit experience
Please submit résumés to firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing Manager, Events
Location: West Los Angeles, CA
TheWrap, which recently won top honor of Best Entertainment Website at the National Arts and Entertainment Journalism Awards, is looking for a Marketing Manager to promote our industry-leading events – a series of high profile gatherings of thought leaders including the Power Women Series, Oscar Season Screening Series, activations at Film Festivals and TheGrill, an executive leadership conference centered on the convergence of entertainment, media and technology. The Marketing Manager will additionally maintain the excitement and community engagement events deliver – before, during and after TheWrap’s various events.
How to Apply: Send a brief cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Job Requirements: 2-4 years of marketing experience required. The successful candidate will possess a can-do attitude, excellent communication and organizational skills and the aptitude to prioritize while juggling several projects at once. The Marketing Manager will work closely with Event Managers, Programming Manager, Sponsorship Sales, Art and Production Teams in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Applicants must have the ability to strategize, oversee and execute, while maintaining marketing calendars and customer-facing platforms highlighting the value of Wrap Events (ticket sales and/or sponsorships). Love of entertainment and creation of memorable experiences a must. Knowledge of MailChimp, WordPress, CMS, Eventbrite/TicketSauce, SurveyMonkey and other marketing tools needed. Basic understanding of event management and production useful.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree and recent event marketing experience across digital, social, email, print and experiential membership platforms
Desired Skills & Knowledge:
- Familiarity and competence with MailChimp, WordPress, CMS, Eventbrite/ TicketSauce, SurveyMonkey and other marketing tools a must
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Desire to succeed, problem solver, creative thinker
- Create marketing campaigns, both promotion/awareness and ticket or membership sales strategy, for TheWrap’s industry leading events
- Execute/deliver to plan including creative requests and copywriting as needed
- Manage event marketing content calendars, including collaboration with digital, social and production teams
- Maintain accurate and up to date marketing platforms demonstrating strength of Wrap content/events
- Event research to target potential members/partners/barters and management of related marketing deliverables
- Work with event management, content and sales to secure potential sponsorships based on content alignment and generally promote events
- Review content themes and target demographics in order to effectively communicate with and engage audience, analyze results post-event
- Acknowledgement of team-based environment, working together to reach maximum output
- Ownership of projects and understanding of TheWrap’s proprietary internal information
- Consciousness of colleagues, space, and unique culture of the TheWrap
If interested in applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Intern, Marketing & Events
TheWrap News is looking for events and marketing interns looking to gain entertainment experience to assist in planning entertainment industry live events and screenings.
This internship is an excellent opportunity for a bright college student to dip their feet into entertainment and interact with important industry contacts. Working for the events team provides opportunities to work both in and outside of the office while providing support for our high-profile events calendar. As a team-oriented environment, you will have the ability to work with all members of the events and marketing team to get a strong understanding for which part of events you enjoy the most and grow a well-rounded skill set.
Internship Learning Outcomes:
- Develop a proficiency in interoffice communication including extensive knowledge of Google Drive
- Build strong outreach skills to assist in executing marketing initiatives
- Recognize all steps associated with running events and screenings from planning to completion
- Understand business marketing tactics including awareness building, communication etiquette, and data analysis
- Learn best practices for sourcing contacts involved in event activation including venues, catering, and hospitality
Description of Tasks:
- Outreach to agencies, production companies, and entertainment groups to contribute to the team’s sales and event marketing efforts
- Assist in marketing execution including utilizing Facebook Ad Manager, Google Adwords, and Google Analytics
- Will learn and use Mailchimp for newsletter development
- Utilize TheWrap’s entertainment community contacts to source partnership opportunities, venues, and activations
- Interact with industry and PR execs to communicate event logistics for talent
- Contribute to team organization through communication documents
- Work onsite at our award-nominated screenings and events including TheGrill and PowerWomen Breakfast Series
How to Apply:
Please email email@example.com with resumes and cover letters.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Summer Editorial Interns
Leading Hollywood industry news website TheWrap has two openings for paid editorial interns in our Los Angeles newsroom. We are looking for energetic, digitally savvy reporters who are passionate about the business of entertainment and as well as the content of films and TV and how they impacts viewers and society at large.
The job entails original reporting and clear thinking. The ideal candidate is familiar with the fast-paced, highly competitive world of online entertainment industry coverage. Submit clips and a résumé by March 1, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.