TheWrap is looking for an experienced manager to lead a new subscriptions initiative. The Subscriptions Director will be responsible for developing and executing on a business plan to offer paid access to TheWrap’s high-end community, content, and events.
The ideal candidate will have at least three years of experience in the subscriptions space. They should also, specifically, have built paid subscription services from the ground up.
In addition, the Subscriptions Director should be a team player who is capable of successfully coordinating with other departments. They must be able to shepherd the program from concept to reality, including the marketing, technology and programming aspects.
- Develop an end-to-end subscription service plan
- Implement the plan via email, direct sales, and social media marketing channels
- Set and meet Phase 1 and Phase 2 membership goals
- Coordinate with multiple departments on programming
- Deliver a positive membership experience
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as needed
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Content Marketing Familiarity
- Business Acumen
- Strategic Thinking
- Results Driven
- Communication Proficiency
- Skilled in Project Management
- Knowledge of KPIs
- Computer savvy; proficient in MS Office
TV Industry Reporter
Leading Hollywood industry news website TheWrap is seeking a TV industry reporter to cover the business of television as well as how it impacts content and consumers. The position would be based in our L.A. newsroom. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, energetic and capable of multitasking in a high-pressure breaking news environment. This is not a broadcast or on-camera position.
- At least 1-2 years experience working in a fast-paced print-oriented newsroom
- Superior news judgment and knowledge of basic business reporting (company earnings, etc.)
- Passion for the business of TV, its players — as well as its content
- Proficient and speedy on a CMS such as WordPress or Drupal
- Ability to crop photographs
- Social media savvy
Please submit clips and a résumé to email@example.com
Marketing and Community Manager, Events: Mid-level, full time, in-house position.
Location: West Los Angeles, CA.
TheWrap, which recently won top honor of Best Entertainment Website at the National Arts and Entertainment Journalism Awards, is looking for a Marketing and Community Manager to promote our industry-leading events – a series of high profile gatherings of thought leaders including the Power Women Series, Oscar Season Screening Series, activations at Film Festivals and TheGrill, an executive leadership conference centered on the convergence of entertainment, media and technology. The Manager will additionally maintain the excitement and community engagement events deliver – before, during and after TheWrap’s various events – utilizing a membership platform.
Job Requirements: 2-4 years of marketing experience required. The successful candidate will possess a can-do attitude, excellent communication and organizational skills and the aptitude to prioritize while juggling several projects at once. The Marketing Manager will work closely with Event Managers, Editorial Director, Sponsorship Sales, Art and Production Teams in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Applicants must have the ability to strategize, oversee and execute, while maintaining marketing calendars and customer-facing platforms highlighting the value of Wrap Events (ticket sales and/or sponsorships). Love of entertainment and creation of memorable experiences a must. Knowledge of MailChimp, WordPress, CMS, Eventbrite, SurveyMonkey and other marketing tools needed. Basic understanding of event management and production useful.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree and recent marketing experience across digital, social, email, print and experiential membership platforms
Desired Skills & Knowledge:
- Familiarity and competence with MailChimp, WordPress, CMS, Eventbrite, SurveyMonkey and other marketing tools a must
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Desire to succeed, problem solver, creative thinker
- Create marketing campaigns, both promotion/awareness and ticket or membership sales strategy, for TheWrap’s industry leading events
- Execute/deliver to plan including creative requests and copywriting as needed
- Manage event marketing and membership content calendars, including collaboration with digital, social and production teams
- Maintain accurate and up to date marketing platforms demonstrating strength of Wrap content/events
- Event research to target potential members/partners/barters and management of related marketing deliverables
- Work with event management, content and sales to secure potential sponsorships based on content alignment and generally promote events
- Review content themes and target demographics in order to effectively communicate with and engage audience, analyze results post-event
- Acknowledgement of team-based environment, working together to reach maximum output
- Ownership of projects and understanding of TheWrap’s proprietary internal information
- Consciousness of colleagues, space, and unique culture of the TheWrap
How to Apply: Send a brief cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Director, Industry Partnerships
TheWrap has an opening for a full-time experiential sales lead. The ideal candidate will have strong entertainment industry relationships and a passion for helping clients achieve their goals at Wrap events such as The Grill and the Power Women Breakfast series. He or she should have excellent communication skills, a client-focused mentality, a strong work ethic, and an ability to balance multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
The Senior Director, Industry Partnerships will be responsible for building meaningful sponsorships and activations across TheWrap’s extensive events calendar. He or she will work closely with industry partners, helping clients identify their thoughts leaders for live events and leveraging those interactions across all TheWrap’s media channels. Travel is expected as part of the position.
- Minimum 2-years sales experience
- Trade publishing experience (print and digital)
- Strong knowledge of current industry practices
- Data research and insight experience
- Campaign execution and management experience
- Media planning
- Experience generating and submitting RFPs and RFIs
- Knowledge of comScore, Google Analytics, DoubleClick products (DFA, DFP, Ad Exchange), Google Docs and @plan
- Strong communications skills
- Event experience
- Team oriented
- Industry contacts
Please submit your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com
Assistant Art Director
Mid-level, full time, in-house contract to hire position.
Location: West Los Angeles
If you are creative and detail oriented with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment, come join our team at TheWrap News!
How to Apply: Send a brief cover letter, resume and a link to a PDF or portfolio site with at least seven examples of: editorial design and art direction, along with any marketing decks, front end web design, and personal illustration or photography work.
Job Requirements: Five years of editorial design experience is required. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to juggle several projects at once. The associated art director will work closely with the creative director to manage both digital and print projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Applicants must have a strong understanding of typography and expert-level skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat. Must possess strong visual story-telling skills. You should have a love for entertainment and journalism. Knowledge of magazine production, color correction, PDF and postscript technology, prepress, PowerPoint, Digital Ad Creation, is required. Basic understanding of UI/UX. Motion graphics photography and/or Illustration, are desirable, but not required.
Qualifications: Bachelor Degree desired, but will make exception for right candidate.
Skills: Adobe CC, Attention to Detail, Strong Visual Communication, Organized, Proactive, Multitasker, Professionalism, Team Player, Calm Under Pressure, Solution-Based, Data Entry, Reporting, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office and Punctual.
If interested in applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring Editorial Interns
Leading Hollywood industry news website TheWrap has openings for unpaid editorial interns in our Los Angeles newsroom for college students who are able to receive course credit for part-time work. We are looking for energetic, digitally savvy reporters who are passionate about the business of entertainment and as well as the content of films and TV and how they impacts viewers and society at large.
The job entails original reporting and clear thinking. The ideal candidate is familiar with the fast-paced, highly competitive world of online entertainment industry coverage. Submit clips and a résumé by November 16, 2018, to email@example.com, to the attention of Meriah Doty.