Intern, Marketing & Events
TheWrap News is looking for events and marketing interns looking to gain entertainment experience to assist in planning entertainment industry live events and screenings.
This internship is an excellent opportunity for a bright college student to dip their feet into entertainment and interact with important industry contacts. Working for the events team provides opportunities to work both in and outside of the office while providing support for our high-profile events calendar. As a team-oriented environment, you will have the ability to work with all members of the events and marketing team to get a strong understanding for which part of events you enjoy the most and grow a well-rounded skill set.
Internship Learning Outcomes:
- Develop a proficiency in interoffice communication including extensive knowledge of Google Drive
- Build strong outreach skills to assist in executing marketing initiatives
- Recognize all steps associated with running events and screenings from planning to completion
- Understand business marketing tactics including awareness building, communication etiquette, and data analysis
- Learn best practices for sourcing contacts involved in event activation including venues, catering, and hospitality
Description of Tasks:
- Outreach to agencies, production companies, and entertainment groups to contribute to the team’s sales and event marketing efforts
- Assist in marketing execution including utilizing Facebook Ad Manager, Google Adwords, and Google Analytics
- Will learn and use Mailchimp for newsletter development
- Utilize TheWrap’s entertainment community contacts to source partnership opportunities, venues, and activations
- Interact with industry and PR execs to communicate event logistics for talent
- Contribute to team organization through communication documents
- Work onsite at our award-nominated screenings and events including TheGrill and PowerWomen Breakfast Series
How to Apply:
Please email email@example.com with resumes and cover letters.
We look forward to hearing from you!
TheWrap’s Marketing & Events Division is growing and we’re looking for a talented Event Coordinator to help execute TheWrap’s screening series and various festival events. Duties include planning, programming, marketing, coordinating and executing TheWrap’s film and television centric events including awards/foreign/documentary screening series, and video interview/portrait studios at Sundance, SXSW, Toronto Film Festival, Cannes and other events as needed. The right candidate has an understanding of the entertainment industry landscape, and a passion for film and television with their finger on the pulse of the cultural zeitgeist.
Key Characteristics and Attributes:
- Proficiency in Google Drive, Mailchimp, and WordPress preferred
- At least one year of experience working in entertainment or events preferred
- Self-starter, forward thinking and highly organized with demonstrated proficiency in event programming, marketing and event planning
- Possess a can-do attitude and be a pro-active, solution-oriented problem solver
- Ability to work with celebrities and high level entertainment talent
- An exceptional writer and communicator
- Must be able to work within a matrixed team, negotiate and oversee event logistics prior to event and on-site
- Ability to handle and thrive in high pressure situations and work to deadlines
How to Apply: Send a brief cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
TheWrap is looking for an experienced manager to lead a new subscriptions initiative. The Subscriptions Director will be responsible for developing and executing on a business plan to offer paid access to TheWrap’s high-end community, content, and events.
The ideal candidate will have at least three years of experience in the subscriptions space. They should also, specifically, have built paid subscription services from the ground up.
In addition, the Subscriptions Director should be a team player who is capable of successfully coordinating with other departments. They must be able to shepherd the program from concept to reality, including the marketing, technology and programming aspects.
- Develop an end-to-end subscription service plan
- Implement the plan via email, direct sales, and social media marketing channels
- Set and meet Phase 1 and Phase 2 membership goals
- Coordinate with multiple departments on programming
- Deliver a positive membership experience
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as needed
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Content Marketing Familiarity
- Business Acumen
- Strategic Thinking
- Results Driven
- Communication Proficiency
- Skilled in Project Management
- Knowledge of KPIs
- Computer savvy; proficient in MS Office
Senior Director, Industry Partnerships
TheWrap has an opening for a full-time experiential sales lead. The ideal candidate will have strong entertainment industry relationships and a passion for helping clients achieve their goals at Wrap events such as The Grill and the Power Women Breakfast series. He or she should have excellent communication skills, a client-focused mentality, a strong work ethic, and an ability to balance multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
The Senior Director, Industry Partnerships will be responsible for building meaningful sponsorships and activations across TheWrap’s extensive events calendar. He or she will work closely with industry partners, helping clients identify their thoughts leaders for live events and leveraging those interactions across all TheWrap’s media channels. Travel is expected as part of the position.
- Minimum 2-years sales experience
- Trade publishing experience (print and digital)
- Strong knowledge of current industry practices
- Data research and insight experience
- Campaign execution and management experience
- Media planning
- Experience generating and submitting RFPs and RFIs
- Knowledge of comScore, Google Analytics, DoubleClick products (DFA, DFP, Ad Exchange), Google Docs and @plan
- Strong communications skills
- Event experience
- Team oriented
- Industry contacts
Please submit your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com
Assistant Art Director
Mid-level, full time, in-house contract to hire position.
Location: West Los Angeles
If you are creative and detail oriented with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment, come join our team at TheWrap News!
How to Apply: Send a brief cover letter, resume and a link to a PDF or portfolio site with at least seven examples of: editorial design and art direction, along with any marketing decks, front end web design, and personal illustration or photography work.
Job Requirements: Five years of editorial design experience is required. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to juggle several projects at once. The associated art director will work closely with the creative director to manage both digital and print projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Applicants must have a strong understanding of typography and expert-level skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat. Must possess strong visual story-telling skills. You should have a love for entertainment and journalism. Knowledge of magazine production, color correction, PDF and postscript technology, prepress, PowerPoint, Digital Ad Creation, is required. Basic understanding of UI/UX. Motion graphics photography and/or Illustration, are desirable, but not required.
Qualifications: Bachelor Degree desired, but will make exception for right candidate.
Skills: Adobe CC, Attention to Detail, Strong Visual Communication, Organized, Proactive, Multitasker, Professionalism, Team Player, Calm Under Pressure, Solution-Based, Data Entry, Reporting, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office and Punctual.
If interested in applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall Editorial Interns
Leading Hollywood industry news website TheWrap has openings for unpaid editorial interns in our Los Angeles newsroom for college students who are able to receive course credit for part-time work. We are looking for energetic, digitally savvy reporters who are passionate about the business of entertainment and as well as the content of films and TV and how they impacts viewers and society at large.
The job entails original reporting and clear thinking. The ideal candidate is familiar with the fast-paced, highly competitive world of online entertainment industry coverage. Submit clips and a résumé by August 1, 2019, to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.