- Business Editor, WrapPRO
- Assistant Managing Editor, News
- Media Reporter
- Fall Editorial Interns
Marketing & Events
Business Editor, WrapPRO
Looking for an exciting opportunity to lead a small, elite team of journalists writing for TheWrap’s subscription service, PRO, about the business of entertainment and media? TheWrap, the award-winning, digital-first Hollywood news site is seeking a Business Editor for its Los Angeles-based newsroom. (The job can be done remotely.) The winning candidate will be passionate about the business of entertainment and media at a time when disruption makes for constant change, and experienced in the world of digital news. You will be an organized multitasker in a real-time news environment. But the joy of the role is in planning coverage, assigning and working with top reporters around the broad range of beats that TheWrap’s subscription service covers — daily business news, deeply reported investigative pieces, analysis and features for our industry-focused audience. You should be conversant with analytics tools to see what stories (and types of stories) get the most engagement from subscribers to our industry-oriented WrapPRO service, to help shape the direction of future assignments.
Requirements:- At least 3-5 years experience writing and editing in a business news environment- Top-notch line-editing and copy-editing skills- Experience mentoring and developing the talents of younger reporters- Superior news judgment about the entertainment/tech/media space- Passion for Hollywood and media industry news and the players involved- Proficient on a CMS such as WordPressPlease send résumé and cover letter, with clips, to email@example.com
Assistant Managing Editor – News
We are looking for an organized multitasker in a real-time news environment, responsible for managing schedules and calendars, mentoring junior staffers and helping to oversee the daily flow of coverage with the Executive Editor. You should be familiar with analytics tools to see what stories (and types of stories) get the most engagement.
Leading entertainment and media news website, TheWrap, is looking for an experienced administrative assistant to aid the Founder/CEO of the company and support key executives in the sales and marketing departments.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is interested in working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Candidates should have a minimum of two+ years of relevant experience (agency preferred) and be familiar with the entertainment and media industries. They should be highly organized, possess strong administrative skills and be a problem solver. The position is available immediately, based in the West Los Angeles office providing primary support to TheWrap’s CEO and top managers.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide support to the Founder/CEO
- Maintain fast pace daily schedule, host weekly Zoom calls
- Coordinate travel arrangements, light personal assistant duties
- Manage various office functions
- Assist in company activity planning – quarterly board meetings, monthly staff lunches, virtual events and screenings
- Assist event marketing/sales with LOAs, invoices and tracking of deliverables, ensuring client satisfaction and operational efficiencies
- Manage various tracking docs, invites and lists (audience, magazine, CEO contacts)
- Support digital marketing and campaign initiatives as needed
- Collaborate with stakeholders at various levels on a regular basis
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum two+ years as an executive assistant (agency preferred)
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Solid computer skills
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Leading Hollywood industry news website TheWrap is seeking an experienced business reporter to cover the business of media. (The job can be done remotely.) Are you passionate about the biz side that shapes what we consume on our screens? Know your way around a balance sheet as well as the trends that are transforming the media industry? Are you dying to know who will replace Dean Baquet — or why Clubhouse may not be around in 12 months? Then this is the job for you.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, energetic and capable of multitasking in a high-pressure breaking news environment.
- At least 3-5 years of experience working in a digital-first newsroom covering business news
- Superior news judgment and writing skills
- Passion for media/tech news and the players involved
- Love for deep storytelling and the reporting skills that go with it
- Proficiency on a CMS such as WordPress
- Social media savvy
Please send a résumé and cover letter, along with a handful of your best clips, to email@example.com
TheWrap is seeking a versatile writer who is just as comfortable exploring this week’s episode of “The Bachelor” as they are the latest outrage on the political front. This writer should be ready to tackle movies, television, politics, media … you name it.
The ideal candidate is not someone who just waits around for an assignment (though there will certainly be plenty). You know how to spot a good story before it becomes a top trending topic — and can write about it in a way that stands out from other outlets’ approach.
Your copy should be clean, clever and conversational. Knowledge of AP style and love of a good headline is strongly preferred.
– At least 2-3 years experience writing for professional outlets
– Superior entertainment news judgment
– Proficient and speedy on a CMS such as WordPress
– Ability to crop photographs
– Social media savvy
Please send a résumé and cover letter, along with a handful of your best clips, to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Mid to Senior-level, temp-to-permanent full-time in-house (remote) position with opportunity to grow quickly within the organization.
Location: West Los Angeles, California.
TheWrap, which recently won the best Entertainment Website award from the LA Press Club, is looking for an associate art director to push the visual story- telling envelope, improve our UX, and discover new ways to connect with our readers.
How to Apply: Include a brief cover letter, resume and a link to a PDF or portfolio site with at least seven examples of: editorial design and art direction, along with any marketing decks, front-end web design, and personal illustration or photography work.
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Requirements: Five years of editorial design experience is required. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to juggle several projects at once. The art director will work closely with TheWrap’s senior team to manage both digital and print projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Applicants must have a superior understanding of typography and expert-level skills in Front-end Design, Power Point, Google Suite, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat. Strong visual storytelling skills. You should have a love for entertainment and journalism. Knowledge of front-end design, pop-ups, WordPress, SEO, marketing and sales decks, magazine production, color correction, PDF and postscript technology, prepress, Power Point, Digital Ad Creation, Google Suite is required. Other talents such as illustration, photography or video production are desirable, but not required.
About You: You live and breathe great design and have a strong foundation in typography, photography, illustration, and usability. You love journalism and entertainment. You can see the big-picture, you enjoy brainstorming and hands-on design work. You are an even-tempered multitasker who enjoys the creative process and generating great work from a limited budget and staff. You are not a clock-watcher. Your design is smart but not too complicated; your work is useful learnable, memorable, effective, efficient, desirable and delightful.
Audience Development Editor
Location: Remote/Los Angeles
Reporting to: Chief Digital Officer
Working with an all-star team, the Audience Development Editor will be responsible for developing and executing strategies that grow TheWrap’s audience and subscriber base. The ideal candidate is analytical, has strong news judgment, and has proven experience growing and engaging a digital audience. If you love sitting at the intersection of content, social, SEO, email and content partnerships, then this opportunity is for you.
- Manage a team of content creators and social media strategists
- Develop content, social media and SEO strategies to grow audiences to TheWrap and WrapPRO
- Execute campaigns to support tentpole events and companywide marketing initiatives
- Identify trending topics and stories (breaking and evergreen) for search and social and assign to members of the audience development content team
- Own organic social channels: programming, cadence, experimentation and analysis
- Expand social footprint beyond existing platforms (FB, IG, YT, LI)
- Manage paid social and implement campaigns that align with company goals
- Regularly engage with content partners; pitch content, maintain relationship; explore new content partnerships
- Work closely with other members of the audience team to ensure top of funnel growth tactics sync with engagement, conversion and retention efforts
- Create, update and present training materials for editorial teams so that they stay on top of the latest audience development trends and remain up-to-date on understanding shifts in user behavior
- Provide regular insights to editorial teams about TheWrap audience
- Conduct competitive analysis research and analyze internal data to develop learnings and stay ahead of trends
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism preferred or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience working in an editorial, audience, social or SEO-focused role in a newsroom setting
- Strong attention to detail, self-starter and must possess innovative thinking capabilities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ensuring data accuracy
- Must have strong news judgment
- Proficiency with social media platforms (i.e. TikTok, Twitter, Facebook)
- Experience with data platforms (i.e. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics)
- Familiarity in Google Trends, Socialflow and Slack
How to Apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Advertising Operations Specialist: Pre & Post Sales
Location: Remote/Los Angeles
Reporting to: Manager, Advertising Operations
TheWrap.com is seeking a detail-oriented, versatile individual to join our Advertising Operations Team.
The primary function of this role will be to respond to RFP’s, create and manage digital advertising campaigns, including planning, campaign optimization and post-campaign reporting. The ideal candidate will have experience with Google Ad Manager, at least 2 years of digital ad operations experience and be able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Position will also be expected to partner with sales and finance and interact with clients and ad agencies.
This is a full-time position located in West Los Angeles; though remote candidates will be considered.
- Screen and test submitted rich media creative to ensure compliance with site and technical specifications.
- Assess/verify targeting and technical integration needs prior to flight. Integrate campaign tracking components.
- QA ad functionality for site redesigns, migrations, and new products on desktop and mobile platforms. Report and track issues and follow through to resolution. Work creatively with the development team to find innovative solutions.
- Prepare RFP’s and enter insertion orders
- Manage digital inventory and provide avails
- Upload, target and monitor online ad campaigns
- Provide screenshots and support to clients for live campaigns
- Provide delivery reporting for campaigns
- Work closely with our accountant to generate invoices
- Work closely with IT to develop new ad units/controls
- Work closely with the Sales team to create and execute orders
- Deep understanding of web architecture and online advertising processes
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years ad ops experience
- Experience with Google Ad Manager
- Ability to multi task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work off hours and on weekends when required
- Strong communication skills and customer service skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
How to Apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Intern, Marketing & Events
TheWrap News is looking for events and marketing interns eager to gain entertainment experience to assist in planning industry events and screenings.
This internship is an excellent opportunity for a bright college student to dip their feet into entertainment and interact with important industry contacts. Working for the events team provides opportunities to work both in and outside of the office while providing support for our high-profile events calendar. As a team-oriented environment, you will have the ability to work with all members of the events and marketing team to get a strong understanding for which part of events you enjoy the most and develop a well-rounded skill set.
Internship Learning Outcomes:
- Develop a proficiency in interoffice communication including extensive knowledge of Google Drive
- Build strong outreach skills to assist in executing marketing initiatives
- Recognize all steps associated with running events and screenings from planning to completion
- Understand business marketing tactics including awareness building, communication etiquette, and data analysis
- Learn best practices for sourcing contacts involved in event activation including venues, catering, and hospitality
Description of Tasks:
- Outreach to agencies, production companies, and entertainment groups to contribute to the team’s sales and event marketing efforts
- Assist in marketing execution including utilizing Facebook Ad Manager, Google Adwords, and Google Analytics
- Will learn and use Campaign Monitor for newsletter development
- Utilize TheWrap’s entertainment community contacts to source partnership opportunities, venues, and activations
- Interact with industry and PR execs to communicate event logistics for talent
- Contribute to team organization through communication documents
- Work onsite at our award-nominated screenings and events including TheGrill and Power Women Series
How to Apply:
Please email email@example.com with resumes and cover letters.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Spring Editorial Interns
Leading Hollywood industry news website TheWrap has openings for unpaid editorial interns in our Los Angeles newsroom for college students who are able to receive course credit for part-time work. We are looking for energetic, digitally savvy reporters who are passionate about the business of entertainment and as well as the content of films and TV and how they impacts viewers and society at large.
The job entails original reporting and clear thinking and requires candidates to be available at least one full workday (or two half-days) per week. The ideal candidate is familiar with the fast-paced, highly competitive world of online entertainment industry coverage.
Submit clips and a résumé by Nov. 1 to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.