This date isn't rolling around for another century, so give it up now for these 11 examples of good 11-ness
1. "Ocean's 11," the 1960 original and the 2001 remake.
2. "The Good Eleven," a catchy "Schoolhouse Rock" tune about the fun of multiplying by 11. Sample lyrics: "Good, good, good, good, the good eleven/It's almost as easy as multiplyin' by one/Good, good, good, good eleven/Yes, eleven almost makes multiplication fun."
3. The armistice that ended World War I was signed on November 11 (1918) at 11 a.m., or the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month.
4. New York, the 11th state.
5. Apollo 11, the first spaceflight that landed humans — Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin — on the moon.
6. Eleven pipers piping on the 11th day of Christmas.
7. Matt Smith, the current "Doctor Who" star, is the series' 11th Doctor.
8. 11 Oscars: "Ben-Hur," "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" and "Titanic" share the record for most Oscars won by a single movie with 11 Academy Awards each.
9. 11 is the atomic number for sodium … what good would movie theater popcorn be without it?
10. James Polk, the 11th President of the United States. He was also the POTUS when the first U.S. postage stamps were issued, and he later appeared on a stamp … the 11-cent stamp.
11. And the most famous pop culture 11 of all, "Spinal Tap" guitarist Nigel Tufnel's amplifiers, which go to 11. A group of "Spinal Tap" fans have even tried to petition to make 11/11/11 Nigel Tufnel Day in his — and his amps' — honor.
← Previous Story