First Lady Melania Trump is not a fan of a recent piece in Vanity Fair which suggested she was unhappy about her new role as First Lady of the United States.
In a statement, the office of Melania Trump blasted the story by journalist Sarah Ellison as “shameful” and “riddled with unnamed sources and false assertions.”
“One again part of the liberal media, this time Vanity Fair, has written a story riddled with unnamed sources and false assertions,” Melania Trump’s office said in a statement to CNN and Fox News. “As a magazine tailored to women it is shameful that they continue to write salacious and false stories meant to demean Mrs. Trump, rather than focus on her positive work as First Lady and as a supportive wife and mother. As has been stated on the record many times before, she is honored by her role.”
. @FLOTUS spokeswoman responds to me re @VanityFair @Sarahlellison piece reporting “come hell or high water” Melania Trump didn’t want to become First Lady: pic.twitter.com/9PUR310QF5
— Kate Bennett (@KateBennett_DC) November 27, 2017
The original Vanity Fair piece also quoted longtime Trump consigliere Roger Stone who said that while Melania didn’t want the job, she had been the driving force behind getting her husband to take the plunge into a presidential run.
“He always wanted to run. She is the one who pushed him to run just by saying run or do not run. I don’t think she was ever too crazy about it,” Stone told the magazine. “And I think she understood he was going to be unhappy if he didn’t run.”