“Traditional TV doesn’t have the power of digital,” M. Scott Havens, Bloomberg’s global head of digital and media distribution, says
Bloomberg is beefing up its OTT strategy with the launch of Bloomberg TV+, a new streaming news network.
Different from TicToc, its 24/7 social news network launched in 2017, Bloomberg TV+ will target a more financially-focused audience and will serve as a testing ground for programming that aims to attract viewers during prime-time hours.
M. Scott Havens, global head of digital and media distribution at Bloomberg Media, talked to TheWrap about the new venture, explaining its genesis and how Blomberg will leverage the platform to make future content decisions.
Why launch Bloomberg TV+?
When we look forward at the new opportunities for us, we try and figure out where is the business opportunity and where is the customer need. And for this, we felt like there was both. It’s increasingly obvious that executives have ample access to news, headlines, and information, but they are looking for utility around the news. Our audience are heavy financial executives and business executives and they thrive on being able to take out the key data points.
And so we wanted to bring more of that data…
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- Access to full length Members-Only Video archive
- Video of notable sessions from TheWrap Events (TheGrill, Power Women Summit)
- VIP seating for TheWrap's Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to 'chill spots' at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers