“Bachelor in Paradise” is coming back… but not without a few adjustments.
The ABC dating spinoff temporarily shut down production last month following a disputed incident involving cast members Corinne Olympios and DeMario Jackson. Warner Bros. announced nine days later that filming would resume, as their investigation did “not support any charge of misconduct by a cast member.”
In an interview with E! News over the weekend, Season 4 contestant Vinny Ventiera weighed in on changes made to the revived run, including a limit on alcohol consumption, along with cast members needing to tell producers that they consent before engaging in sexual activity.
“The most significant change was we had a limit on what we could drink,” he said. “We were only allowed two drinks per hour, so every hour, we’d have a log, and we’d go up there and get two drinks.”
“Also, we had to make sure, on camera, that if we wanted to spend the night with a significant other that it would be on camera and consensual,” the “Bachelorette” Season 12 alum continued. “On-camera consent. As if it’s not already awkward that you’re on camera hanging out with somebody, now you have to go in front of the camera and look at it and go, ‘I’m willing to go spend the night with this person.’ It wasn’t a buzzkill, but it was a little bit of a speed bump.”
Ventiera, who dated Izzy Goodkind on “Paradise” Season 3 last summer, said that trimming the filming from the typical 18 days to 10 meant there was less time for filler.
“It was definitely rapid-fire,” he said. “Less hours of sleeping, up bright and early. They had to squeeze a whole show into 10 days. I think they accomplished it — I think it’s going to be good.”
“Bachelor in Paradise” airs its two-night Season 4 premiere on Monday, August 14, and Tuesday, August 15, at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.