“Bachelor in Paradise” contestant Corinne Olympios is ready to move on from the ABC dating show’s recent scandal.
Olympios said in a statement released on Thursday that her team has concluded its investigation into the allegations that led to a temporary production shutdown. She pointed out that producers offered her a chance to return to the action, but she declined.
“My team’s investigation into this matter has now been completed to my satisfaction,” Olympios said in a statement released Thursday.
She continued, “While I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to have been a participant on ‘The Bachelor,’ and while I was invited to return to ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ when production resumed, I respectfully made the decision not to return.”
Olympios was a cast member on “Paradise” until Warner Bros. announced on June 11 that it was shutting down production due to “allegations of misconduct.” Olympios and co-star DeMario Jackson indicated that they were involved in the incident in question.
“Paradise” has resumed production after the studio announced on June 20 that the results of its investigation did “not support any charge of misconduct by a cast member.” Olympios’ lawyer, Martin Singer, said in a statement later that day that their team was conducting its own investigation “based on multiple new witnesses coming forward revealing what they saw and heard.”
Olympios said in the latest statement on Thursday that she “never filed complaints or accusations against anyone” but felt “it was very important to get to the bottom of what had occurred.” She added that she has no recollection of the events in question.
The “Bachelor” alum said she is “happy about the changes that have been made to the production.” TMZ previously reported that the show is now mandating that contestants tell producers that they give consent before engaging in sexual activity.
“I understand the media’s interest in this story, and I greatly appreciate my fans’ concerns for my well-being, but I think it is best if I keep any further thoughts private for now,” Olympios continued.
Jackson, who also said he is not returning to “Paradise,” told E! News in an interview earlier this week that he performed oral sex on Olympios during filming, and that she was the “aggressor.” He said he was not mad at Olympios, but that he was “mad at the situation.”
Her full statement is below:
In light of the overwhelming amount of misinformation that has been spread in the media, I want to clarify a few things. My intent over the past few weeks has been to learn and understand what happened on June 4. While I never filed complaints or accusations against anyone associated with “Bachelor in Paradise,” my team and I felt it was very important to be thorough in getting to the bottom of what had occurred. I felt victimized by the fact that others were judging me through conflicting and unsubstantiated reports, while I myself had no recollection of the events that transpired.
My team’s investigation into this matter has now been completed to my satisfaction. I am also happy about the changes that have been made to the production of “Bachelor In Paradise.” While I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to have been a participant on “The Bachelor,” and while I was invited to return to “Bachelor in Paradise” when production resumed, I respectfully made the decision not to return.
I understand the media’s interest in this story, and I greatly appreciate my fans’ concerns for my well-being, but I think it is best if I keep any further thoughts private for now.