No one wants to give away their trade secrets, and if your brand is doing well, your inclination is to keep your cards close to your chest
Los Angeles is a mecca for creative people and industries. Given this focus, it is imperative that as a market, it is constantly stimulated to promote growth.
Our job in the media business is to use creativity for innovation and evolution. Our brands want to capture consumer attention with something new and unexpected. Brands want big ideas, all of the first-evers, increased innovation — and they want it for every campaign.
This town was not only built on entertainment but helped build some of the largest social platforms. The advertising for Facebook, Snapchat and YouTube are all done in L.A., and these platforms are now a major breeding ground for innovation. Not to mention that San Francisco, the birthplace of tech, is only an hour away by plane. The media industry here must lean into this culture in a way that we have never done before. Otherwise, we will miss out on our opportunities to grow.
All of us in L.A. (San Francisco and San Diego) are at a point where we must be more open, not just in what we are thinking, but also in the…
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- Access to full length Members-Only Video archive
- Video of notable sessions from TheWrap Events (TheGrill, Power Women Summit)
- VIP seating for TheWrap's Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to 'chill spots' at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers