A judge ordered “Saved by the Bell” actor Dustin Diamond to remain silent on details regarding a stabbing incident that landed him in jail on Dec. 25.
Dressed in a dark suit, Diamond, 37, appeared in a Wisconsin courtroom Monday and did not speak as the judge who presided over the hearing told him not to discuss details of the case with media, according to NBC News.
Defense attorney, Thomas Alberti, requested reduced bail for the actor, who has already posted a $10,000 bail.
“Dustin has absolute faith in our legal system,” Alberti previously told ABC News. “We are confident that the truth will prevail.”
As TheWrap previously reported, Diamond was at the Grand Avenue Saloon in Port Washington, Wisconsin, with his girlfriend, Amanda Schutz, on Christmas Day. The altercation occurred shortly before midnight when she began fighting with a female in a group that was harassing the couple. Diamond claims he didn’t intentionally stab a man under the armpit, but “chaos broke out and people were grabbing at him.”
CNN reported that Diamond and Schutz drove away from the bar before being stopped by police. Inside the vehicle, police found a 3.75-inch blade.
Diamond is charged with felony second-degree recklessly endangering safety, disorderly conduct and carrying a concealed weapon. Schutz was charged with disorderly conduct and released on her own recognizance.
Diamond is scheduled to appear in court next month.