Sean Spicer has never been so popular.
The now-ex White House Press Secretary is currently being courted by a number of TV news channels, as well as one entertainment show that he may not be as natural a fit for: ABC’s “Dancing With the Stars.”
Page Six reported Wednesday that Spicer has “been seen coming out of high-level meetings at ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox News in Manhattan.” That ABC one wasn’t for David Muir’s benefit, however — it was apparently for Tom Bergeron’s.
Humorously, Zach Braff saw this whole thing coming. Here’s what the “Scrubs” star tweeted five days ago:
Can't wait to see Sean Spicer waltz on Dancing With the Stars.
— Zach Braff (@zachbraff) July 21, 2017
The joke might be on Braff, however, as a person identified by Page Six as a “TV insider” purportedly told the gossip column that this potential casting “has legs.”
For his part, when reached by phone, Spicer told Page Six, “I have no comment.”
ABC declined TheWrap‘s request for comment, telling us the same thing network reps told Page Six: “We do not comment on casting but will let you know when there’s info to share.”
Spicer stepped down from his post within the Trump Administration following last week’s hiring of Anthony Scaramucci, a Wall Street guy-turned-White House Communications Director. Before his resignation, however, the man referred to as “Spicey” provided plenty of fodder to TV’s late-night hosts, as well as multiple opportunities for some pitch-perfect “SNL” lampooning courtesy of Melissa McCarthy.