Could the late Chadwick Boseman pull off the feat this year for his work in "Ma Rainey's Black Bottom" and "Da 5 Bloods"?
- By Thom Geier | March 9, 2021 @ 7:30 AM
Will Regina King join the club this year for her work on "One Night in Miami"?
- By Steve Pond | March 8, 2021 @ 1:15 PM
Filmmakers represented on the strong list of 10 films include Pedro Almodóvar and "The Daily Show" writer and comic Travon Free
- By Steve Pond | March 5, 2021 @ 1:33 PM
We're at that crucial point in the awards calendar when critics stop voting and the industry starts
- By Steve Pond | March 4, 2021 @ 1:12 PM
Here's the category-by-category breakdown, from a high of 457 to a low of 27
- By Andi Ortiz | March 3, 2021 @ 9:21 AM
The townspeople of the actual Husavik are hoping their video can sway Academy voters
- By Steve Pond | February 25, 2021 @ 12:00 PM
More films are in contention this year than at any time since 1970, though the field is well short of the all-time record
- By Steve Pond | February 25, 2021 @ 8:45 AM
The 10 semi-finalists in the Best Documentary Short category range from commercial comedies to art movies
- By Joe McGovern | February 23, 2021 @ 3:37 PM
Visual effects supervisor Ryan Laney talks about using "human shields" to protect 23 LGBT subjects via VFX: "On a normal effects project, the goal is to fool the audience. That wasn't ours."
- By Steve Pond | February 22, 2021 @ 12:09 PM
TheWrap magazine: As her new film "The Life Ahead" plays on Netflix, the iconic actress reflects on her decades-long career
- By Steve Pond | February 19, 2021 @ 12:20 PM
TheWrap magazine: Online viewing? Streaming movies qualifying for film awards? Extended eligibility dates?
- By Steve Pond | February 18, 2021 @ 12:30 PM
The doc-shorts semifinalists offer a guided tour to many of the pressing issues of our time, but they throw in a few surprises, too
- By Steve Pond | February 12, 2021 @ 11:56 AM
Between the Oscar shortlists and some recent nominations, voters have managed to inject a bit of the unexpected (and sometimes the jaw-dropping) into this year's competition
- By Steve Pond | February 10, 2021 @ 10:30 AM
In a statement, the Academy says it is "determined to present an Oscars like no other"
- By Steve Pond | February 9, 2021 @ 3:00 PM
The largest documentary field in Oscar history has been narrowed down to 15, with "Dick Johnson Is Dead," "Collective" and "Welcome to Chechnya" among the other films making the cut