For the second consecutive year, voters delivered a massive mea culpa to a critically-acclaimed series that the Emmys had ignored until its final season
- By Steve Pond and Jennifer Maas | September 20, 2020 @ 8:28 PM
Netflix came in a distant second overall
- By Steve Pond | September 20, 2020 @ 10:01 AM
Nine of the last 10 TIFF audience winners have gone on to receive Oscar nominations for Best Picture, and three have won
- By Steve Pond | September 20, 2020 @ 9:30 AM
Contenders for the top awards range from “Schitt’s Creek,” “Insecure” and “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel” to “Succession,” “Ozark” and “The Mandalorian”
- By Steve Pond | September 20, 2020 @ 7:07 AM
If a Hollywood award is handed out in the forest (or on Zoom) and there’s no one there to applaud the winner, is it really an award?
- By Steve Pond | September 18, 2020 @ 7:00 AM
Gerard Bush and Christopher Renz’s movie has a touch of “12 Years a Slave,” a bit of “Django Unchained” and a central twist that’s worthy of a bad M. Night Shyamalan film
- By Steve Pond | September 17, 2020 @ 3:50 PM
With Emmy favs “Game of Thrones” and “Fleabag” gone, who will take their place?
- By Steve Pond | September 17, 2020 @ 6:00 AM
This year’s TIFF wasn’t dominated by awards contenders, but its heart was in smaller films from underrepresented voices who deserve to be heard