“Access Hollywood” wants you to know that Donald Trump’s “Grab ‘em by the p—y” hot-mic audiotape is “very real,” despite what the President of the United States may be telling people these days.
“We wanted to clear something up that has been reported across the media landscape. Let us make this perfectly clear — the tape is very real,” host Natalie Morales said on Monday’s show. “Remember, his excuse at the time was ‘locker-room talk.’ He said every one of those words.”
Despite previously acknowledging his voice and comments, Trump has recently called into question the authenticity of that conversation on a hot microphone with former “Access Hollywood” star Billy Bush, according to the New York Times.
The president “suggested to a senator earlier this year that it was not authentic, and repeated that claim to an adviser more recently,” the Times wrote.
Talk of the “Access Hollywood” tape resurfaced in the White House following accusations of sexual misconduct against Republican Alabama senate candidate Roy Moore, whom the president has continued to back despite widespread outcry, including from other Republicans.
Here is Morales shooting down any such notion of forgery:
TRUMP: The "Access Hollywood" tape might be fake
ACCESS HOLLYWOOD: What you talkin' 'bout Willis? pic.twitter.com/EOFtO26czr
— Judd Legum (@JuddLegum) November 28, 2017