Britney Spears Extends Las Vegas ‘Piece of Me’ Residency for 2 More Years

The singer announced the news during her show on Wednesday night

Britney Spears isn’t ready to end her “Britney: Piece Of Me” show in Las Vegas, so she extended her contract for two more years, the singer announced at her show on Wednesday night.

During her performance, Spears took a few moments to share the good news, which she later posted on Instagram as well.

“I have some big news tonight … I am going to be in Vegas for two more years!” Spears told the audience.

She will now keep her residency through December 2017. She celebrated her 100th show last month after the show began in December 2013. She performs at the AXIS auditorium located in the Planet Hollywood Resort.

Spears told E! Online on Wednesday that the decision to stay came from her love for the show and her team.

“I’m not ready to leave Vegas yet!” she said. “And I just really really love this show and this city,” she said. “I’m so proud of the show, and my band, my dancers and my crew have all become such a family to me. When it came down to me really having to make this decision, I just couldn’t imagine ending my residency at the end of this year.”

The 33-year-old had been torn about whether to stay or not over the past months — if she wouldn’t have extended her contract, her last shows would’ve been over New Year’s Eve weekend.

Tickets for performances from January through April 2016 will go on sale Sept. 14.

Watch the video.

Two more years!!!!!!!!!

A video posted by Britney Spears (@britneyspears) on

Keep
Reading...

Looks like you’re enjoying reading
Keep reading by creating
a free account or logging in.