Caitlyn Jenner’s tearful speech at the ESPY Awards Wednesday night drew strong praise on social media, with many celebrating her courage and message of acceptance.
Stars including Russell Simmons paid tribute to the transgender former Olympian as she accepted the Arthur Ashe Courage Award. Simmons tweeted, “Respect to Caitlyn Jenner. Beautiful, moving, inspiring speech tonight at the Espys. We are a better people because of your courage.”
Many others, like trans actress Laverne Cox and “The View” co-host Rosie Perez, also expressed pride and support for Jenner.
Read some of the best reactions below.
– Laverne Cox (@Lavernecox) July 16, 2015
– Rosie Perez (@rosieperezbklyn) July 16, 2015
– Jesse Tyler Ferguson (@jessetyler) July 16, 2015
– IG: @UncleRUSH (@UncleRUSH) July 16, 2015
– Orlando Jones (@TheOrlandoJones) July 16, 2015
– Maria Shriver (@mariashriver) July 16, 2015
– Wade Davis II (@Wade_Davis28) July 16, 2015
– Ty Pennington (@typennington) July 16, 2015
#ESPYS I don’t care what you think of Caitlyn Jenner, you must admit she did a great job tonight on ESPYs.
– Joan Lunden (@JoanLunden) July 16, 2015
I you @Caitlyn_Jenner
– Lily Aldridge (@LilyAldridge) July 16, 2015