Ryan Kadro, the executive producer of “CBS This Morning,” is leaving the network after a lawsuit in which he was named as having ignored warnings about disgraced journalist Charlie Rose was settled, TheWrap has learned.
Kadro will be leaving at an undetermined date, an individual with knowledge told TheWrap. “It came as a surprise to people here,” the person said.
“Hello @channel By now you have probably seen seen a story about my future,” Kadro told his staff through its Slack channel Wednesday evening. “First and foremost, we had a great show today, and another one lined up for tomorrow. Let’s stay focused on that. I’ll be in tomorrow as usual. Look forward to seeing you then.”
Kadro was named in a lawsuit settled on Tuesday in which three women accused the network of not doing enough to stop Rose, a host of “CBS This Morning” and a correspondent for “60 Minutes,” from sexually harassing them. Rose was a prominent anchor on both CBS and PBS before dozens of women came forward to accuse him of sexual harassment and assault a year ago.
One of the plaintiffs in the lawsuit, Chelsea Wei, said that she had told Kadro that Rose was paying a lot of attention to another woman, who is also a plaintiff in the lawsuit, warning him that he had “a lawsuit on your hands.”
Wei also said in the suit that Kadro “kicked and shoved Ms. Wei’s chair with substantial force, startling, intimidating and scaring Ms. Wei.”
Earlier on Wednesday, Vulture cited two unnamed sources that Kadro is in “conversations” with the network to exit his contract.
A spokesperson told TheWrap: “These conversations are unrelated to the settlement.”
Kadro joined “CTM” with in 2011. He was promoted to executive producer in 2016.
The departure comes as the network’s former CEO and chairman, Les Moonves, was forced out after a dozen women accused Moonves of harassment or sexual assault.