Cory Monteith’s Death Ruled Accidental Overdose by Coroner

“Glee” star died of heroin and alcohol toxicity at age 31

Getty Images

The final verdict is in on Cory Monteith, the “Glee” star who died of heroin and alcohol in July at age 31.

The British Columbia Ministry of Justice issued a coroner’s report on Wednesday, deeming the actor’s death accidental.

See photo: Cory Monteith ‘Glee’ Tribute Episode First Look

The report notes that Monteith died of “[i]ntravenous heroin use in combination with ingestion of alcohol.”

According to the coroner, Monteith had an ethyl alcohol limit of 0.13 percent, consistent with a “moderate level of intoxication.”

See video: Emmys: Cory Monteith Remembered by Jane Lynch – He Was ‘a Beautiful Soul’

Monteith, who played Finn Hudson on the Fox hit musical series, was found dead at the Fairmount Pacific Rim hotel in downtown Vancouver shortly after noon on July 13.

The coroner’s report further states that, “After a period of cessation from opiod drug use, previously tolerated drug concentration levels may become toxic and fatal.” Monteith, who had struggled with drug abuse, had attended rehab multiple times.

The report notes that emergency responders found a spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle at the scene of Monteith’s death. Two empty bottles of champagne and multiple glasses were also found in Monteith’s hotel room.