‘Cosmos’ Season 2: Fox, Nat Geo Expect Delays as Neil deGrasse Tyson Investigation Continues

Series was set to air in early 2019

Last Updated: February 6, 2019 @ 10:54 PM

As Fox and Nat Geo continue to investigate accusations of sexual misconduct against Neil deGrasse Tyson, the networks expect delays in production on the second season of “Cosmos,” an individual with knowledge tells TheWrap.

The show, a follow-up to 2014’s “Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey,” was originally set to air sometime in early 2019. Representatives for Fox and Nat Geo did not immediately respond to a request for comment from TheWrap. Tyson and his representatives also did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The investigation began in November after the website Patheos published accusations by three different women: a former classmate who said Tyson sexually assaulted her in 1984 when they were both grad students; a Bucknell University professor who said Tyson sexually harassed her in 2009; and Tyson’s former assistant, who said he harassed her in 2018. In December, an anonymous woman told Buzzfeed that Tyson harassed her in 2010.

In a statement posted to his Facebook account on Dec. 1, Tyson denied the accusation of sexual assault, and said that his behavior in 2009 and 2018 had been misinterpreted, though he apologized for any misunderstanding. Tyson also said that he welcomed the investigation. He has not commented on the fourth accusation.

Deadline first reported the news.

Keep
Reading...

Looks like you’re enjoying reading
Keep reading by creating
a free account or logging in.