Previously: Kellyanne Conway said Thursday that someone is lined up to perform at Donald Trump’s inauguration events next month, but she declined to say who it is while downplaying the situation.
“I can tell you that this is not the Academy Awards, it’s the Inauguration for the people, the way that it’s been the election for the people,” Conway told “GMA ” co-host David Muir.
The “World News Tonight” anchor then asked, “Anyone lined up yet?”
“Uh, yes,” Conway replied before laughing. “No one put me in charge of the entertainment. I’m a little bit too geeky for that.”
Meanwhile, Conway was named Counselor to Trump’s administration on Thursday morning, making her the highest-ranking female in Trump’s White House.
Trump is so displeased with his team’s inability to lock in A-list talent for his inauguration events next month that he’s ordered a “Hail Mary” shakeup of his recruiters to try to book performers, a person familiar with the situation told TheWrap.
Mark Burnett, who produces “Celebrity Apprentice” with Trump and has been overseeing entertainment for inauguration festivities, has brought in talent recruiter Suzanne Bender, a former “Dancing With the Stars” and “American Idol” booker, to end an effective freeze-out by Hollywood, the insider said.
The Trump transition has been struggling for weeks to secure A-list talent for the inauguration celebration. The only person confirmed to perform at the event is Jackie Evancho, a 16-year-old “America’s Got Talent.” She is set to sing the national anthem before he takes the oath of office
Performers who are known to have rejected requests include Elton John, country singer Garth Brooks and opera star Andrea Bocelli.