Beyonce fans are getting in formation after “Lemonade” failed to pick up a single award at Sunday night’s Emmys ceremony.
The most egregious loss came in the Outstanding Directing for a Variety Special category, when Queen Bey lost to “Grease Live’s” Alex Rudzinski and Thomas Kail. Fans expected Kanye West to storm the stage, but alas, he didn’t show up, just like Beyonce.
Read some of the best reactions below.
- tara . ecker (@taraecker) September 19, 2016
Am I the only musical theatre geek that feels conflicted about Grease Live’s #Emmys win? TOMMY KAIL YES but Beyoncé
– Shira Pruce (@ShiraPruce) September 19, 2016
when grease live won but not beyonce pic.twitter.com/I5KHpUL2mE
– it’s pronounced jeff (@thecultureofme) September 19, 2016
Beyoncé/Lemonade just lost to Grease: Live, please respect my privacy at this time #Emmys
– Luigi Mondi (@LuigiM227) September 19, 2016
me watching grease live: oh that’s cute
me watching lemonade: pic.twitter.com/LYR4tufCcn
– Cindy Lou Whom (@catd219) September 19, 2016
grease live beat lemonade and the emmys are dead to me now
– Megan Mallonee (@megggsnbacon) September 19, 2016
- Ira Madison III (@ira) September 19, 2016