Former Fox News medical contributor Dr. Keith Ablow had his medical license suspended on Wednesday, following accusations and lawsuits from multiple patients who say the psychiatrist engaged in sexually inappropriate behavior with them.
“The Board summarily suspended Dr. Keith R. Ablow’s medical license after finding that Dr. Ablow poses an immediate and serious threat to the public health, safety and welfare,” read a statement from the Massachusetts state Board of Registration in Medicine released on Thursday
“The Board alleges that Dr. Ablow engaged in sexual activity and boundary violations with multiple patients, diverted controlled substances from patients, engaged in disruptive behavior, including displaying and pointing a firearm on multiple occasions in a manner that scared an employee, and procured his license renewal fraudulently,” it continued.
Also Read: Former Fox News Medical Contributor Keith Ablow Accused of Sexually Exploiting 3 Patients
The board also noted that Ablow had a right to appeal the decision of the board for up to seven days. Ablow did not immediately respond to request for comment from TheWrap.
“The Board chose to ignore reams of evidence demonstrating Dr. Ablow’s innocence. Dr. Ablow maintains that he is not guilty of any of misconduct and will vigorously defend this action at the appropriate hearing,” his attorney Paul Cirel said in response. “Dr. Ablow has been, and will continue to be, a civic leader in the fight against domestic violence and getting care to returning veterans.”
Ablow, who served as a Fox News medical contributor until 2017, was accused in February by multiple female patients of using his position to pressure them into unwanted sexual relationships.
“He began to hit me when we engaged in sexual activities,” one plaintiff wrote in a sworn affidavit filed with her lawsuit, according to the Boston Globe. “He would have me on my knees and begin to beat me with his hands on my breasts, occasionally saying, ‘I own you,’ or ‘You are my slave.'”
Ablow categorically denied any wrongdoing in a statement posted to a now deleted tweet.
“Categorically, completely deny the allegations lodged against me. I look forward to the court proceedings and will continue to offer excellent care to any patient who needs my help,” he said.
Once mentioned in the same breath as Dr. Phil, Ablow had been a rising star as a medical pundit with regular appearances on Fox News, and his own series which ran for three seasons in the early 2000s. He has also written more than a dozen popular fiction and non-fiction books over the last 20 years.