Gal Gadot addressed reports that she would leave the “Wonder Woman” franchise if producer-financier Brett Ratner continued to be involved in the franchise even after he was accused of sexual misconduct.
“Everyone knows the way that I feel because I’m not hiding anything,” she said on Wednesday’s “Today” show. “But the truth is, there’s so many people involved in making this movie — it’s not just me — and they all echoed the same sentiments.”
“Everyone knew what was the right thing to do. But there was nothing for me to actually come and say because it was already done before this article came out,” she said.
WATCH: Gal Gadot responds to report she didn’t want to work with Brett Ratner, who has faced sexual harassment allegations, on next installment of Wonder Woman pic.twitter.com/rBuSH2CE2Z
— TODAY (@TODAYshow) November 15, 2017
Best known for directing the “Rush Hour” movies and producing hits like “The Revenant,” his production company RatPac-Dune Entertainment helped produce “Wonder Woman” through its co-financing deal with Warner Bros.
Ratner said in a statement last month that he chose “to personally step away from all Warner Bros.-related activities.”
“I don’t want to have any possible negative impact to the studio until these personal issues are resolved,” he said, after an L.A. Times report in which six women, including actresses Olivia Munn and Natasha Henstridge, accused the producer of sexual harassment or assault.