Tiny Fey and Amy Poehler nail it, as Bill Clinton and Jennifer Lawrence provide some surprises
But Fey and Poehler weren't the only ones to nail punchlines during Sunday's Golden Globes. And Jodie Foster delivered unexpected drama by addresssing her sexuality more directly than she ever has before — and joking that she defends her privacy because "I am not Honey Boo Boo Child."
Also read: Jodie Foster Comes Out, Defends Privacy
Here are the Top 10 Golden Globes Moments, in the order they occurred:
10. Tina Fey addresses the elephant in the room — whether she and Poehler will be as aggressive as three-time host Ricky Gervais. "Ricky Gervais could not be here tonight, because he is no longer technically in show business," she jokes. Poehler later adds of Gervais: "When you run afoul of the Hollywood Foreign Press, they make you host two more times."
9. Amy Poehler proves herself the attack dog of the duo, praising "Zero Dark Thirty" director Kathryn Bigelow: "I haven't really been following the controversy over 'Zero Dark Thirty,' but when it comes to torture, I trust a lady who spent three years married to James Cameron."
8. Fey cracks that Ben Affleck set his first two movies in Boston, but set his third in Iran "because he wanted to film somewhere that was more friendly to outsiders."
7. Fey gets off a major zinger as she praises Anne Hathaway on a solo performance in "Les Miserables": "I have not seen someone so totally abandoned like that since you were on stage with James Franco at the Oscars."
6. Adele, who won Best Original Song for the "Skyfall" theme, is perhaps a little too honest: "Thanks for having us into your world, we've been pissing ourselves laughing all night."
5. President Clinton suddenly appears to introduce "Lincoln." "Wow, what an extraordinary special guest," says Poehler. "That was Hillary Clinton's husband!"
1. Foster delivers the speech everyone will be talking about. After explaining why she's always protected her privacy, she thanks Cydney Bernard, "my heroic co-parent, my ex-partner in love but righteous soul sister in life, my confessor, my ski partner, consiglieri, most beloved BFF for 20 years, Cyd Bernard. Thank you, Cyd."