Director James Toback has been accused of sexual misconduct by 38 women, The Los Angeles Times reported Sunday, and Hollywood is furious.
Since the downfall of Harvey Weinstein, scores of both women and men in the entertainment industry have come forward with their own stories of being harassed and assaulted over the course of their careers, with those accused including APA agent Tyler Grasham and Nickelodeon show runner, Chris Savino.
Now, many of the women who have taken it upon themselves to hold Hollywood accountable — including Weinstein accusers Rose McGowan and Asia Argento — had plenty to say about Toback’s alleged actions, which included rubbing his crotch against one actress’ leg.
James Toback damn you for stealing, damn you for traumatizing. https://t.co/rLpboMcIMT
– rose mcgowan (@rosemcgowan) October 22, 2017
So proud of my sisters for bringing down yet another pig: James Toback https://t.co/73xLVU3FVY
– Asia Argento (@AsiaArgento) October 22, 2017
One of the main jobs of a director is to create a safe environment for the actors. James Toback is a disgrace. https://t.co/pxLFmBrUJ0
– Paul Feig (@paulfeig) October 22, 2017
– Daniel Newmaη (@DanielNewman) October 22, 2017
Long overdue for this well known sack of shit: https://t.co/WcULIz43zF
– Anthony Bourdain (@Bourdain) October 22, 2017
If there is a Hell, James Toback will be in it.
– Scott Derrickson (@scottderrickson) October 22, 2017
– Matt Pearce (@mattdpearce) October 22, 2017