LAPD on Tom Arnold-Mark Burnett Dispute: ‘No Police Report Filed’

Arnold said he was “choked” by Mark Burnett at pre-Emmy party on Sunday

Last Updated: September 17, 2018 @ 8:05 AM

The Los Angeles Police Department on Monday threw cold water on reports of a physical altercation between Tom Arnold and “The Apprentice” producer Mark Burnett, telling TheWrap they have no record of Arnold reaching out to them and that no police report has been filed so far.

“There was no Tom Arnold incident that we have record of,” LAPD spokesperson officer Ray Brown said.

“There is no record of any incident with Tom Arnold. None. Period. Per our watch commander who handles that location or area where this so-called party happened,” he added. “There was no police report filed.”

On Sunday night, Arnold tweeted that Burnett had “choked” him at a pre-Emmy party and said he was filing a police report.

Reps for Arnold and Burnett did not respond to repeated requests for comment from TheWrap.

“Mark Burnett just went apes— & choked me at this huge Emmy party then he ran away with his torn Pink shirt & missing gold chain. I’m waiting for LAPD,” the actor and former “Celebrity Apprentice” contestant said in a tweet describing the incident.

When Burnett’s wife, Roma Downey, said Arnold had “ambushed” her husband and that she was bruised on her hand in their altercation, Arnold said she was lying and repeated his plans to call the police and also threatened legal action against her.

“You lie your crazy husband attacked me you psycho,” he said. “I’m filing police report & suing you for defamation.”

While the full details of what exactly happened remain unclear, the incident occurred just days before the premiere of Arnold’s upcoming Viceland show “The Hunt for the Trump Tapes with Tom Arnold.”

The docu-series focuses on Arnold’s search for incriminating video and audio recordings of President Trump from his pre-White House days as host of the Burnett-produced reality show “The Apprentice;” there has been no evidence so far that any damning recordings exist.

Reps for Vice declined to comment on the altercation or whether the incident would affect the show’s scheduled launch date.

It’s not the first time Arnold had roped in members of Trumpland into his orbit in an attempt to plug the show. In June, he snagged a photo with ex-Trump attorney Michael Cohen, which he teased on Twitter — while promoting rumors of some partnership between the two men.

Cohen retweeted the image but said Arnold was exploiting a chance encounter in a hotel and that he was in no way cooperating with him or the show.

“Did not discuss being on his show nor did we discuss @POTUS,” he said adding the hashtags “done” and “ridiculous”