You won’t confuse his remarks with the Dalai Lama or Nelson Mandela, but disgraced YouTube star Logan Paul has a message of compassion, following his widely-denounced video that showed the body of a suicide victim in Japan.
“Everyone deserves second chances, bro,” said Paul, as he walked past a TMZ reporter at LAX on Tuesday (see video below).
The 22-year-old has been under heavy scrutiny since posting a video titled “We found a dead body in the Japanese suicide forest” that showed a corpse hanging from a tree in Aokigahara forest near Mt. Fuji. Paul took down the clip a day later, after it had already garnered at least 6 million views. He issued an apology, followed by a second apology, in the aftermath.
Paul added to the TMZ cameraman he’s learned “everything, so many things” from the fallout.
Adding to the public skewering he received, YouTube told TheWrap last week Paul would be pulled from starring on the platform’s original series “Foursome.” Upcoming YouTube projects have been put on hold, and Paul was stripped of his Google Preferred status, which helps advertisers identify top content and purchase easy-to-buy ad packages.
Paul didn’t have much to say about YouTube to TMZ. He nodded when asked if he’d been treated fairly by the video giant and the public, and said he has a message “coming” regarding YouTube’s decision.