Smaller SVOD services will need to offer more than content to differentiate themselves
Niche services are learning that it’s going to take more than a library of video content to attract and retain customers. As the streaming market floods with new services, niche companies are looking to merchandise, discounts, live events and multiple media formats to capture consumer interest and drive revenue.
An early pioneer of this push beyond video has been the anime-centric Crunchyroll, which offers its paying members access to discounts on select merchandise and early-bird tickets to Crunchyroll events, in addition to ad-free programming. This 360-experience, as its head of business operations Brady McCollum calls it, has helped the Ella...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers