Ad-supported streaming service now reaches 5.5 million active users
Xumo, one of the biggest ad-supported streaming platforms, is ramping up at time when rivals like Pluto TV have become acquisition targets.
The eight-year-old company now reaches 5.5 million active users each month, a 60 percent increase from eight months ago, according to Xumo senior VP of content Stefan Van Engen. Users are also spending more time on the platform — about four hours per session on average, he said.
Xumo’s success has made it an acquisition target. Van Engen declined comment on a recent Variety report that Sinclair Broadcast Group was in talks to purchase the company, nor on the company’s revenues; Sinclair did not respond to requests for comment. But media giants are keenly interested in the OTT space: In...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers