Quality content that’s family-friendly will help
“I’ll never forget this,” Apple chief Tim Cook gushed, leaning over to thank Oprah Winfrey for closing out the company’s long-awaited unveiling of its new streaming service, Apple TV+.
To some viewers, the soundbite dripped with irony. The ceremony at Apple’s Cupertino headquarters Monday was almost entirely forgettable. Sure, there was plenty of star power, with appearances from Jason Momoa, Steven Spielberg, Winfrey, and even Big Bird, among others.
But Apple’s presentation left more questions than answers. When will its shows arrive? We received only a vague fall release date. Why were Jennifer Aniston, Steve Carell and Reese Witherspoon brought onstage to discuss their upcoming series — on the d...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers