The subscription streamer is also in the early stages of putting together an original content team
The sports-centric subscription OTT streamer FuboTV is preparing to launch a free ad-supported streaming channel later this year and branch into original content for the first time.
“Ads are certainly an area that we believe is going to allow us to grow our business profitably,” CEO David Gandler told TheWrap, noting a target launch for an ad-supported channel around the third or fourth quarter of 2019. “It will be a little bit smaller and more straightforward, but we certainly want to take advantage of the current trends.”
In the third quarter of 2019, FuboTV also plans to launch a new minute-long ad-break dubbed “Sports Break” with short-form original content sandwiched between two ads. Eventually, the...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers