“I could put Trump videos up all day long and probably triple our views,” Rubin says
Dave Rubin doesn’t want to have the same conversations that political talking heads are having on cable news — and while a recent effort to book 2020 Democratic presidential contender Pete Buttigieg fell through in a very public way, his approach is working out both financially and in terms of viewership.
The stand-up comedian-turned-commentator, a self-described “former lefty,” now has 1 million subscribers to his “Rubin Report” YouTube channel, which covers both social and political issues, and has racked up more than 200 million views since he left The Young Turks six years ago.
His operation — a team of about four full-time and four part-time employees — pulls in tens of thousands of dolla...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers