“It’s a great time to be an independent premium content provider,” co-founder Van Toffler says
Van Toffler and Floris Bauer’s Gunpowder & Sky is seeing rapid growth as an independent studio with a focus on genre-oriented content — and a broad approach to both platforms and running times.
The 3-year-old company reports that its digital brands, which range from the sci-fi-focused Dust to the horror-centric Alter, currently reach more than 50 million unique viewers a month across multiple social channels, vMVPD services like Sling TV and Xumo as well as connected devices like Roku.
In addition, Gunpowder & Sky also expects its year-old sci-fi-centric streaming channel, DUSTx, to be in more than 75 million homes by year’s end. “It’s a great time to be an independent premium content provider,” T...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers