Pierce Brosnan gave the people of India quite a surprise on Friday morning when he appeared in a full-page ad for the pan masala brand Pan Bahar.
The actor, best known for playing super-suave secret agent James Bond in four films, is not the first celebrity to appear in a foreign advertisement. If you don’t believe that, just watch this Nicolas Cage commercial from Japan.
But people online are definitely having fun at Brosnan’s expense, with plenty of “shaken, not stirred” jokes to go around.
Read some of the reactions below.
I still have no idea what Pan Bahar is but I want it. @PierceBrosnan
- Brian Jenkins (@thatbjenkins) October 7, 2016
- Niloufer D. ???? (@nilustweet) October 7, 2016
- Amit Chauhan (@amyth005) October 7, 2016
- Sarah Welstead (@SarahWelstead) October 7, 2016
Pierce Brosnan was 007. Now he is Supariman!
- Ramachandran (Rama) (@indiarama) October 7, 2016
Everyone knows Pan Bahar but who is this Pierce Brosnan??
- BR Natarajan (@deannattu) October 7, 2016
- Sarvaani Shah (@Sarvaani_Magic) October 7, 2016
- Viju Cherian (@vijucherian) October 7, 2016
- Dhiraj Sagar (@Dhiriously) October 7, 2016
Does Pierce Brosnan endorsing Pan Bahar mean a lot of people are going to go to pan shops and say, “one Pan Bahar, shaken, not stirred”?
- Nilesh Surana ✈️ (@nileshsurana) October 7, 2016