Sinclair Broadcast Group on Bill O’Reilly: ‘We Do Not Have Any Interest in Hiring Him’

Though ousted Fox News host “did approach us,” CEO says

Last Updated: November 1, 2017 @ 8:22 AM

Bill O’Reilly is not going to Sinclair Broadcast Group after all.

During an earnings call Wednesday, Sinclair Broadcast Group CEO Chris Ripley tamped down fevered speculation that emerged in recent weeks that the disgraced former Fox News host might find a new home at the conservative-leaning news organization.

“We get approached by people all the time, which is probably where these reports were coming from,” said Ripley. “He did approach us. We do not have any interest in hiring him.”

“Our CEO stated definitively that we have no interest in hiring Mr. O’Reilly on our earnings call this morning,” a Sinclair spokesperson reiterated to TheWrap.

An O’Reilly spokesman declined to comment.

Since his ouster at Fox News over sexual harassment allegations, many have viewed Sinclair as O’Reilly’s best chance to return to the airwaves.

NBC News reported last week that “two sources familiar with the talks” said the company was unfazed by news that O’Reilly paid one of his accusers $32 to resolve a sexual harassment suit.

“They took a pause but it didn’t really change anything for them,” one source told reporter Claire Atkinson.