“Viewers are spending more time watching Discover content than ever before,” says Snap’s Vanessa Guthrie
Snap Inc. has renewed three original series, including shows produced by NBCU and MTV, and expanded its E! original series “What the Fashion” to airing twice per week, TheWrap exclusively learned on Wednesday.
The third season of E!’s “Face Forward,” with beauty sage Patrick Starr giving celebrity-inspired makeovers to young women looking to make a change, will launch on Snapchat on Sept. 7. The series, produced by NBCUniversal Digital Lab, averaged 4.4 million viewers per episode lsat season. New episodes will air each Saturday for the next eight weeks.
Snap also is bringing back MTV’s “Wrong Distance Relationship,” chronicling the highs and lows of young people navigating long-distance relationships, for a second season. The show will return to Snapchat in early 2020. The first season pulled in more than 8.5 million viewers.
“We’re very excited to be making another season of ‘Wrong-Distance Relationship’ – and to continue MTV’s long-standing relationship with Snapchat,” Garth Bardsley, vice president of digital video at MTV, said. “Throughout season one, we watched as couples navigated all the trials and tribulations of a LDR, and we…
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- Access to full length Members-Only Video archive
- Video of notable sessions from TheWrap Events (TheGrill, Power Women Summit)
- VIP seating for TheWrap's Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to 'chill spots' at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers