We've Got Hollywood Covered

Suge Knight Murder Case: Dramatic 911 Call Details Deadly Hit-And-Run (Audio)

Rap mogul has pleaded not guilty to murder in the Jan. 29 incident that killed one man and injured another

A dramatic 911 recording released to the media Thursday detailed the hit-and-run involving Marion “Suge” Knight on the evening of Jan. 29 in Compton, California.

A woman can be heard describing the incident in the audio recording obtained by the Los Angeles Times. “The car ran over two guys, there was fighting and then he just pulled back and pulled forward and run ‘em over,” she told the emergency dispatcher. “Two guys are laying down.”

The woman added that she’d tried to follow the truck and had taken pictures.

The crash left one man dead and injured another. A few hours after the incident, Knight’s truck was found abandoned several miles away in the Westwood section of Los Angeles. He turned himself in the next morning.

The Death Row Records founder was charged with murder, attempted murder and two counts of hit-and-run on Monday.

During a preliminary the following day, Knight pleaded not guilty to murder and attempted murder charges before being rushed to a hospital for an unspecified “medical emergency.”

The rap mogul was released from a medical facility around 9 p.m. Wednesday, a Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department spokeswoman told TheWrap. He is now back in police custody and is currently being held without bail, after he was deemed a flight risk.

The Sheriff’s Department says Knight ran over the two men in the parking lot of Tam’s Burgers in the 1200 block of West Rosecrans Ave, killing Terry Carter, and injuring Cle “Bone” Sloan, an activist and actor who appeared in Antoine Fuqua‘s Oscar-winning film “Training Day.”

There were multiple witnesses to the incident, which took place near a promotional shoot for the upcoming N.W.A. biopic from Universal,” Straight Outta Compton.”

Prosecutors say Knight struck the men deliberately after another confrontation at the site of the promotional video. However, Knight maintains his innocence.

His former attorney, James Blatt, said Knight was attacked by four people upon arriving at the scene of the incident, and that he hit the gas as he fled in fear. His current attorney, David Kenner, said Knight is remorseful over the death of his friend, Carter.

There is a hearing scheduled on Monday to determine if Knight can be released on bail. He faces life in prison if convicted.

Please fill out this field.