President Trump lent a couple of helping hands to Hurricane Harvey victims Saturday… but, apparently, those helping hands of his are “too big” for plastic gloves.
The POTUS headed to Houston Saturday to check out the devastation left in the wake of Hurricane Harvey and to offer comfort and support for the thousands left homeless. As he met people in a food line in Houston’s NRG Stadium, he slipped on plastic gloves to assist in the serving. Or, at least, he tried to slip on plastic gloves to assist in the serving.
“My hands are too big,” Trump joked, turning to the Fox News cameras.
It should come as no surprise that Twitter had a field day, considering the long-standing joke about the size of his hands — or, their lack of size, as social media has suggested. Here’s a tiny sliver of the ribbing he got.
I think he meant mouth.
– Marisa Birns (@marisabirns) September 3, 2017
At least this time he only mentioned his hands.
– Dorian (@DorianStaten) September 3, 2017
Fake News! We all know he has baby hands.
– The Man of Tomorrow (@TheIronistIX) September 3, 2017
I think this, somehow, means Trump killed Nicole and Ron. I’m almost positive…
– D Lotz (@callmedlotz) September 3, 2017
Well, the old OJ trial mantra if the glove don’t fit…you must be tried for treason and crimes against humanity. ( or something like that)
– Brian Patrick (@BPatrickNormal) September 3, 2017
Said no guy w actual large hands…ever. pic.twitter.com/jqlrTDmEbe
– RonaldRump (@Ronald__Rump) September 3, 2017
Many others came to the president’s defense, thanked him for his support and, well, told the others on Twitter to put a sock in it.
So he has a good sense of humor! Are you guys really a news source?
– katiebekx (@KateBekx) September 3, 2017
It’s a joke folks….no sense of humor?
– Susan JMF (@silvercreeklady) September 3, 2017
Check out the video above.