It didn’t take long for President Trump’s tweet cheering Steve Bannon’s return to Breitbart News to spur reaction from those following him on Twitter, amusing many by the irony of his words.
“Of all the things the President of the United States can be thinking about and publicly commenting on. Steve Bannon and Breitbart?” wrote one Twitter user.
The commotion began Saturday morning after the POTUS tweeted he believes Bannon will be a “tough and smart new voice” at the far-right news site, and said that “Fake News needs the competition!”
That’s all Twitter needed to hear to tear into the POTUS.
Of all the things the President of the United States can be thinking about and publicly commenting on. Steve Bannon and Breitbart? #SAD
– Jeremy Newberger (@jeremynewberger) August 19, 2017
– Antonio A. Gloria (@irregularsnd) August 19, 2017
Shoulda just said. “Please Mr. Bannon, please, please, don’t say anything bad abt me. Your deranged, delusional readers are all I have left.
– WhiteHouseWacko (@WhiteHouseWacko) August 19, 2017
Lololololololol. Breibart is a rag promoting hate and exclusion. They promote Nazism agenda. You support that ?
– Frances Rauer (@FrancesRauer) August 19, 2017
Breitbart is the epitome of HATEFUL FAKE NEWS! They want the destruction of those that make this country great. As does The Don.
– Greg Smith (@gregsmith1967) August 19, 2017
Haha you’re scared he’s gonna trash you
– andrew chamings (@AndrewChamings) August 19, 2017
This Trump tweet is a love letter to white nationalists everywhere.
– David Putnam (@davidmputnam) August 19, 2017
“Steve Bannon will be tough and smart.”
Translation: Please don’t throw me under the bus, Steve!
– Dani Bostick (@danibostick) August 19, 2017
– Holly O’Reilly (@AynRandPaulRyan) August 19, 2017
– ?”?ᕼ?–?B〇〇TY (@SHABOOTY) August 19, 2017