Divorce is generally a sad ending to a marriage, but when it involves two of the most recognized people on the planet, and the husband left a wife for the woman who is now divorcing him, the Internet is going to make some jokes.
People are busy imagining Aniston’s reaction to the divorce, despite the actress being happily married to “The Leftovers” star Justin Theroux.
There were the usual gif-tastic reactions, culled from a hoard of “Friends” gifs everyone’s been building for years:
- Mike J. Asti (@MikeAsti11) September 20, 2016
- Andy Herren (@AndyHerren) September 20, 2016
- kaia (@pIaynogame) September 20, 2016
- Amy (@ohsoamy) September 20, 2016
There were those projecting a certain amount of schadenfreude onto the woman who — we again feel obligated to point out — married Justin Theroux:
- shauna (@goldengateblond) September 20, 2016
“Actually, I think I’ll have a bagel this morning. With cream cheese. And a margarita.” – Jennifer Aniston, probably.
- Andrea Lavinthal (@andilavs) September 20, 2016
- K. Lucarelli ???? (@KristinaLuca) September 20, 2016
And there were those who were probably right on the money:
- Heather & Jessica (@fuggirls) September 20, 2016
“I would very much like to be excluded from this narrative, one that I have never asked to be a part of, since 2005.” – Jennifer Aniston
- Anne T. Donahue (@annetdonahue) September 20, 2016
I just realized that Jennifer Aniston has 0 social media accounts and is living in a kind of bliss none of us can possible imagine
- kelsey mckinney (@mckinneykelsey) September 20, 2016