Cat lovers who watched the Grammys will only be talking about one thing from the show: an ad saying cats are twice as likely to get cancer if they’re always breathing in secondhand smoke from their owners.
“Smoking = No Cats = No Cat Videos,” the hard-hitting commercial reminded viewers, sparking an instant reaction from animal lovers on social media and making #CATmageddon a top trend.
See the Twitter reactions below.
That cat and smoking commercial was on fleek.???? pic.twitter.com/MKYwwQGTpS
– Zachary Kushubar (@ZackIsPrada) February 16, 2016
– Red Wolf Ron (@redwolfron) February 16, 2016
that cat commercial to get rid of smoking… smart.. very smart
– Meghan Santana (@CArtisticaphoto) February 16, 2016
(Me after that commercial) Had an indoor cat at home before I moved out – mom was a smoker – cat died of lung tumor! https://t.co/HAb78ylDnS
– Long Gone Blond (@longgoneblond) February 16, 2016
- Ron White (@Ron_White) February 16, 2016