Eric Bolling’s lawyer is speaking out following announcement of Fox News’ investigation into claims that the TV host sent lewd text messages to coworkers and his subsequent suspension.
“The anonymous, uncorroborated claims are untrue and terribly unfair,” Bolling’s lawyer, Michael Bowe, told CNNMoney in a statement. “We intend to fully cooperate with the investigation so that it can be concluded and Eric can return to work as quickly as possible.”
A Huffington Post report Friday said that according to several unnamed sources, Bolling sent at least three female colleagues an unsolicited photo of male genitalia. The outlet cited “a dozen sources” who said said that the messages were sent several years ago and the women found them “deeply upsetting and offensive.”
Bolling was suspended Saturday, “pending the results of an investigation, which is currently underway,” a Fox spokesperson told TheWrap. He currently hosts “The Specialists” and the Saturday program “Cashin’ In,” both on on Fox News. He’s been a prominent TV Trump supporter, and routinely supports the president on his shows.
A Fox News spokesperson also noted that “Cashin In” was taped Friday morning per usual and was pulled last night once FNC was made aware of the allegations via the HuffPost inquiry/story. It was replaced Saturday by a live half hour of news. Rotating substitute hosts will be in place on “The Specialists” (weekdays/5 p.m.) and “Cashin In” (Saturdays at 11:30 a,m).
Bolling regularly filled in as host of “The O’Reilly Factor” before the show was pulled off the air because of sexual harassment allegations against star Bill O’Reilly.
Bowe previously released this statement to HuffPost: “Mr. Bolling recalls no such inappropriate communications, does not believe he sent any such communications, and will vigorously pursue his legal remedies for any false and defamatory accusations that are made.”
Fox News’ late founding CEO Roger Ailes stepped down last year amid a series of sexual harassment allegations. Co-president Bill Shine also left the network after being named in a variety of the lawsuits against Ailes and O’Reilly, although Shine was never accused himself and denies all wrongdoing.
The network has faced a variety of accusations and lawsuits since the Ailes scandal initially surfaced but remains the most-watched network in cable news.