These 19 jokes hit as hard as Denver’s pass rush in the AFC Championship game
Tom Brady took quite a beating during the AFC Championship game in Denver yesterday, and the hard hits just keep coming from across social media.
A year after the start of the Deflategate scandal, Brady, arguably the greatest quarterback of all time, had one of his worst postseason games in memory, though the Patriots star was barely even upright versus the lauded Broncos’ pass rush. Brady finished 27-of-56 for 310 yards, throwing 1 touchdown and 2 interceptions. He was sacked four times and hit a ridiculous 20 times — the most a QB was touched this entire football season.
Twitter shots ranged from Donald Trump quips to the Michigan alum’s now-famous strict diet. For the record, roughly a million people made the requisite “deflated” joke — so, sorry guys, you weren’t as original as you thought.
Here are some of the best shots in general:
- #SuperBowl (@SNFonNBC) January 25, 2016
- Raheel the Steel (@ra_heals) January 24, 2016
- Hannah C (@hcisyourfriend) January 24, 2016
- Jeopardy! Sports (@JeopardySports) January 24, 2016
– Thomas D Bradley (@ThomasDBradley) January 24, 2016
Watching Tom Brady today just confirms my lifestyle of not eating heathy foods
– Michelle Markowitz (@michmarkowitz) January 24, 2016
– NFL Retweet (@NFLRT) January 24, 2016
– David Wild (@Wildaboutmusic) January 24, 2016
This is the worst Tom Brady has looked since that courtroom sketch.
– Seth Kaplan (@Seth_Kaplan) January 24, 2016
– EROCK (@TheMightyEROCK) January 25, 2016