The 2016 Grammy Awards got off to a shaky start when the second performance of the night, Sam Hunt and Carrie Underwood, appeared to be plagued by audio issues.
People on social media were immediately annoyed. “And the Grammy for the worst sound quality in a live Grammy broadcast goes to…” tweeted one user.
“Who is mixing the audio at the Grammy’s? Kinda got the vocals low on two performances so far,” said another.
No reports of sound problems with The Weeknd’s performance, other than some fans saying the “I Can’t Feel My Face” singer sounded like a “bleating goat.”
But complaints came back in full force following Adele’s performance of “All I Ask” when the audio on the British singer’s performance cut out momentarily. Audio issues throughout the performance had viewers on Twitter in a rage.
“Dear Sound Guy at the #GRAMMYs. The one time you can’t mess up is when @Adele is performing,” one user wrote.
Read some of the best reactions below.
I’m pretty sure whoever is running sound at the #Grammys also runs sound at a local Baptist church
– Unappreciated Pastor (@Rev_Norespect) February 16, 2016
WHAT WAS THAT?!
– Vinny Vaillancourt (@vtothepowerof2) February 16, 2016
– Arcade Fire tube (@ArcadeFiretube) February 16, 2016
– Daniel Christopher (@MisterPreda) February 16, 2016
Whoa, did sound just go out during Adele on stage at the #Grammys?!
– Lia Haberman (@liahaberman) February 16, 2016
Dear sound man. Stay with it. #GRAMMYs
– Melinda Doolittle (@mdoolittle) February 16, 2016
– KiddNation (@KiddNation) February 16, 2016
– Rachel Dodes Wortman (@racheld) February 16, 2016