Singer and actress performs despite losing her father to cancer Saturday
Vanessa Hudgens brought her A-game during Sunday’s performance of “Grease: Live” despite losing her father just one day before the show.
Hudgens belted out the classic song “Look at Me, I’m Sandra Dee” as Rizzo, the leader of the
She bravely continued with her performance despite losing her father Greg after a six month battle with cancer just one day before the performance.
“I am so sad to say that last night my daddy, Greg passed away from stage 4 cancer,” Hudgens tweeted Sunday morning. “Thank you to everyone who kept him in your prayers. Tonight, I do the show in his honor.”
Read some of the social media reactions to her performance below.
Was never a big V. Hudgens fan before but I am astounded at her strength during this show since her dad passed away hours ago. #greaselive
- Mel Moraes (@melmoraes) February 1, 2016
- morgan (@morganmercia) February 1, 2016
– Leon Waldo. (@TheLeonWaldo) February 1, 2016
– Luke Andreacchio (@GaiusLucius) February 1, 2016
– Nicole Christopher (@Nicole_Crys) February 1, 2016