Fox’s coverage of the NFC Championship game last night has some “X-Files” fans crying conspiracy.
Fans looking forward to the return of the network’s popular sci-fi procedural after more than a decade were not too happy that the network’s coverage of the NFC Championship game cut into the premiere episode.
The game ended right around 10 p.m. ET, but with post-game coverage, “The X-Files” didn’t actually get started until almost half an hour later. For those with their DVRs set from 10 p.m. to 11 p.m. ET or 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. PT, that means they missed about half the episode.
Read some of the reactions below.
I just got home and football ran over and I don’t have the full XFiles episode and where do I bring a torch to burn something to the ground?
– Domenico Salvaggio (@DomSalvaggio) January 25, 2016
Your new conspiracy theory: Aliens are using football to hide their true existence. #XFiles
– Dan Slott (@DanSlott) January 25, 2016
I’ve waited 14 years for more #XFiles but that’s nothing compared to the time spent waiting for football to end tonight
– Rachel West (@rachel_is_here) January 25, 2016
– Gretchen Kalwinski (@Gretchel) January 25, 2016
FOX, WHY YOU MAKE US #XFILES FANS WATCH FOOTBALL?! WE’VE NEVER TOUCHED A FOOTBALL IN OUR LIVES.
- Lauren Modery (@Hipstercrite) January 25, 2016
I want to believe that this football game will end. #XFiles
- DanielTheMagicDragon (@DrinkyMcGee) January 25, 2016