To mark the 20th anniversary of the April 1995 release of
In case you were wondering why it’s playing on a Monday instead of Friday, 4/20 is national weed day. It’s a fitting tribute to the stoner flick starring Ice Cube, Chris Tucker, Nia Long, Tommy “Tiny” Lister, Paula Jai Parker, Angela Means and the late Bernie Mac.
Fathom Events is showing F. Gary Gray‘s Director’s Cut in select theaters around the country at 7:30 p.m. local time. They’ll also show “Friday Straight Up,” a special 24-minute featurette that includes interviews with the cast.
In honor of “Friday” and its crazy one liners, here are 11 of the film’s best quotes (Editor’s Note: The lines below are NSFW).
1. Smokey [to Craig]: “I know you don’t smoke weed, I know this; but I’m gonna get you high today, ’cause it’s Friday; you ain’t got no job… and you ain’t got shit to do.”
2. Smokey [to Craig]: “Goddamn! You’ve got to be one stupid motherfucker to get fired on your day off.”
3. Craig: “We ain’t got no sugar.”
Smokey: “No sugar? Damn. Y’all ain’t never got two things that match. Either y’all got Kool-aid, no sugar. Peanut butter, no jelly. Ham, no burger. Daaamn.”
4. Smokey: “Weed is from the earth. God put this here for me and you. Take advantage man, take advantage.”
5. Pastor Clever [to Smokey]: “Excuse me brother, what we call drugs at the 74th Street Baptist Church we call the sin of sin sins.”
Smokey: “Well round here, between Normandie and Western, we call this here a little twenty twen twen…”
6. Joi [to Craig]: “Um… who the fuck is that bitch… fuck u mothafucka… u think u slick… gon come ova here and ask me for some money… well ask that bitch for some money.”
7. Smokey: “What’s up Big Perm?… I mean Big Worm.”
8. Smokey’s mom: “Smokey, get me some cigarettes.”
Smokey: “Well, give me some money.”
Smokey: “Wait, this ain’t enough.”
Smokey’s mom: “Make it enough.”
9. Smokey [to Craig]: “Puff puff, give. Puff puff, give. You fuckin’ up the rotation.”
10. Smokey [to Deebo]: “You got knocked the fuck out, man!
11. Felisha [After asking Smokey to borrow his car & a joint but getting told to go away]: “Craig”
Craig: “Bye Felisha”
Watch the video above of
For a list of theaters showing