Team “Empire” dropped in on the Code Conference on Wednesday night to talk about the intersection of Hollywood and Silicon Valley.
The second annual event, held at the Terranea Resort in Rancho Palos Verdes, California, featured star Terrence Howard, who plays hip-hop mogul Lucious Lyon on the Fox series, and the show’s producers, including executive producer Brian Grazer, creators Danny Strong and Lee Daniels and executive producer and showrunner Ilene Chaiken.
Here’s 5 things TheWrap learned:
1. Lee Daniels still rocks an AOL account — and people feel bad for him.
— Lance Ulanoff (@LanceUlanoff) May 28, 2015
2. Brian Grazer has “shoe game.”
3. Hollywood is Spider-Man. The upside: We can expect a reboot any time now.
– Julia Boorstin (@JBoorstin) May 28, 2015
4. Everyone has their price, but while most people go for about $2.99 on sale at Target, Howard probably fetches a fair deal more.
5. Grazer has a tech crush on GoPro.
— Uppendahl (@uppendahl) May 28, 2015
The panel was moderated by Re/code Co-Executive Editors Walt Mossberg and Kara Swisher: