Apparently, Donald Trump really, really wanted to beef up his inauguration attendance — and not just for a misleading split-screen with Barack Obama’s crowd. Rapper Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson” told James Corden late on Tuesday night that the current POTUS’ administration offered him “half a million dollars to go” to Trump’s Jan. 20, 2017 swearing in.
“To play at the inauguration?” Corden asked, to clarify.
“No, just to come,” 50 said.
“I didn’t do it because I didn’t know if I could fix the damage,” the “Power” actor and executive producer explained. “To be honest with you, all money is not good money. You have to be careful with what you’re doing publicly.”
“Don’t bring me to fix the African-American vote,” Jackson said.
Watch the video above.
Fellow “Late Late Show” guest Elizabeth Warren’s face when 50 drops the bombshell is priceless.
A little later in the segment, the “In Da Club” emcee offers Warren a bit of advice for her own presidential campaign. And then he suggests the two polar opposites “hang out” when she makes the White House.
Jackson is set to appear alongside Sylvester Stallone and Dave Bautista in 2019 movie Escape Plan: The Extractors.” He’ll also reprise his role as Enson Levoux in the sequel to “Den of Thieves.”
50 Cent made headlines earlier this week when a report broke saying an NYPD commander in Brooklyn told his officers to told his officers to shoot Jackson “on sight.” An internal review into the matter has been launched.
“This is how I wake up this morning,” Jackson said Sunday on Twitter in response to the reports of the internal review. “This guy Emanuel Gonzales [sic] is a dirty cop abusing his POWER. The sad part is this man still has a badge and a gun. I take this threat very seriously and I’m consulting with my legal counsel regarding my options moving forward.”
Gonzalez tried to pass off the remark as a joke, according to the New York Daily News.